Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:24 PM

45 posts, read 130,693 times

Advertisements

What kind of experiences have you had with the eHarmony site. Good, bad, a little bit of both. Let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 06:28 PM

223 posts, read 694,065 times
My sister did the whole eHarmony thing and left with a bad taste in her mouth.
You have definately got to watch out for the bad people out there. Face-to-face contact is probably the most important part of connecting to someone.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,512,277 times
I have had friends who said it is a rip off. They take your money, and then tell you there is no one in the next 5 states near you.
I think all of the dating sites are rip offs. Supposedly they screen people, but what good is that?
I agree about the face to face contact...people can say a lot about themselves and lie.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:59 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times
I once found a married guy on match saying that he was a single doctor and he used the same pix he had in his real estate website...he worked with his wife, so her pix was on the r.e. site, too, in addition to her e-mail address. I made up an aol screen name of "bustedhusband" and forwarded her the link to his match.com profile.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I once found a married guy on match saying that he was a single doctor and he used the same pix he had in his real estate website...he worked with his wife, so her pix was on the r.e. site, too, in addition to her e-mail address. I made up an aol screen name of "bustedhusband" and forwarded her the link to his match.com profile.
Oh, that's so cool...bet she let him have it.
I've had guys tell me they are doctors and they aren't...
Some are so stupid, because they think they can't get caught.
Sort of the Scott Peterson types.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Oh, that's so cool...bet she let him have it.
I've had guys tell me they are doctors and they aren't...
Some are so stupid, because they think they can't get caught.
Sort of the Scott Peterson types.

I tried e-harmony several years ago, but wasn't impressed.

The one relationship that I did get out of match was with a physician, but it wasn't until I met him and asked what he did that I found out. I thought he was a newspaper editor or something, just guessing by his e-mail and pix.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:37 PM

I don't see a guy as some kind of a catch, though, by their profession. Some docs work very long hours, and their partners can be very lonely, as docs are married to their professions.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post

That's the best yet....There should be more people like you on this planet

Old 10-26-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I don't see a guy as some kind of a catch, though, by their profession. Some docs work very long hours, and their partners can be very lonely, as docs are married to their professions.

I totally agree. Some people like these high profession guys because they want security, but with that like you said a lot of down time. I'd rather be with a plumber or an electrician they make a good living, and are home more.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:52 PM

Glad you liked my little online come-to-jesus. I did it on a Friday night. Was thinkin that he didn't have a very good weekend.

The doc I dated- I thought the long work hours was a plus, as I like some "me" time. But he was very financially irresponsible and neurotic. Hated his job, said he wanted to teach middle school science. Well, now that your son is grown, what's stopping you? I said. Had an excuse for everything. He was brilliant in many ways, and could be so much fun, but such an unhappy camper on the inside.

Plumber or electrician sounds great...they can fix things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships