Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 04:01 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times

Advertisements

I couldn't find the answer on the website on my own and its a little irritating that you can't email them questions to ask apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 04:53 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,049 times
I've used eHarmony and can tell you that it's not the right place to go if you just want to make friends. People on eHarmony are there to find a romantic partner. If you wanna use an online dating site for finding friends, try Ok Cupid. It's free.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:12 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,470,216 times
I agree with passionatearts: people who join eHarmony are looking for serious relationships (their "soulmates"), not friendships.

Another free site you could try is PlentyofFish.com. While most of the people on the site seem to be looking for at least casual dating, there is also the option to indicate that you are only looking for friendship.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
You'd probably be better off trying to make friends thru meetup or something like that, unless you just want to write in which case I second okcupid, but just be aware that you'll get plenty of guys who just want to talk dirty, though if you're in the right kind of mood, that can be funny. Like the night my friend and I told some guy to email me at "spreadeaglegranny@yahoo.com" and that I had a charliehorse in my jaw from an earlier date. He was ready to drive 400 miles to meet me that night, lol. Note to naive young men and TV sports guy: that is not a real email address, so don't bother me at it.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:34 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I couldn't find the answer on the website on my own and its a little irritating that you can't email them questions to ask apparently.
Just find a guy you don't like and offer to "just be friends".

I'm sure there are women who have dozens.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:46 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
these sites are good for making friendships:

- Facebook - go to a group and meet people from there
- Penpals websites
- Message boards

I agree that E-Harmony is not really a friendship based site, so it doesn't make sense to go there.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:47 AM

1 posts, read 5,009 times
Facebook is no longer a good place to find friends - people only want to connect with those they already know in real life.

Myspace is run over with spam and musicians, so yes, I agree penpal sites are a great place to meet friends, or smaller social networks. Most of the big networks are just too "high profile" to meet nice friends locally, or even non-local.

Orkut and Friendster are big but still kinda down to earth.

Otherwise would recommend joining some interest based discussion forums.

As far as penpal sites, I've used Penpal-Net or something like that, and also [url]www.JuJu.cc[/url] which is a baby site.

If this helps, let me know, and I can research further small networks. I do think forums are one of the best things though, even after all these years

P.s. my first, post, what's up all, I'm checking out towns in Colorado on city-data...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships