Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

I don't care what others say or do - I would never cheat on my husband. If I wanted to have sex with other people - I wouldn't have gotten married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 02:34 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,726 times
Cheating is a character issue. If you're someone with moral character and integrity, you won't cheat. Resisting temptation is only as hard as you make it.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:48 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
They don't say how or where the information was collected. With no source information whatsoever, you have to take "stats" like that with a grain of salt.
Ive been sounding this point for a while. These stats mean diddly squat to me. At times i feel people sit in a room and pull out numbers from their collective behinds just to support their line of reasoning.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:58 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Cheating is a character issue. If you're someone with moral character and integrity, you won't cheat. Resisting temptation is only as hard as you make it.
"A man is as only faithful as his options" - Chris Rock

Meaning the more desirable a man is in the eyes of a women(e.g. politician, athletes, movie stars, CEO's) the more opportunities he has, the more likely he's going to cheat. Why do you think we see so many of these people caught up in sex scandals(tiger woods, john edwards, asthon kutcher, Bill Clinton). It has nothing to do with character, of course a fat bald head middle age man is going to be more likely to stay faithful to his wife. What are his options?

Old 11-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post

Meaning the more desirable a man is in the eyes of a women(e.g. politician, athletes, movie stars, CEO's) the more opportunities he has, the more likely he's going to cheat. Why do you think we see so many of these people caught up in sex scandals(tiger woods, john edwards, asthon kutcher, Bill Clinton). It has nothing to do with character, of course a fat bald head middle age man is going to be more likely to stay faithful to his wife. What are his options?

Because they lack character and integrity. If they had both, they wouldn't have cheated. It's not difficult to turn down infidelity. Plenty of average and even poor people have cheated.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

Actually, cheating has everything to do with LACK of character, or flaws in character, not "options"

Old 11-09-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Actually, cheating has everything to do with LACK of character, not "options"
There is always going to be the execption, but I respectfully disagree.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I respectfully disagree.

If you seriously think cheating does not equal a lack of character and integrity, you may want to stop and think how stupid you sound right now.

With your logic, I guess women cheat all the time since most of them have options and can get nearly anyone to f*ck them.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:10 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
I respectfully disagree.
While I do appreciate that , I have to say plenty of highly desirable men with women throwing themselves at them manage to stay faithful to their vows. THAT is the only option that is attractive to men of character

Old 11-09-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
While I do appreciate that , I have to say plenty of highly desirable men with women throwing themselves at them manage to stay faithful to their vows. THAT is the only option that is attractive to men of character
The truth is we don't know what people do in their personal lives. You may think somebody is a "good guy" but they might be living a secret life style. Look at that one coach at Penn state, everybody thought he was a good guy and he was molesting kids. You don't know what goes on behind people's closed doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships