Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 02:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Neither party is innocent in the situation, but the "other woman" is not the one who stood in front of his spouse and his friends and family and vowed to forsake all others. Also, many times married men lie about their status. They remove their rings, say that they're separated or divorced, etc.
re cheating
i hear this alot. its all about him.
before we can make progress in the disaster called american marriage/divorce rollercoaster, aka marital industrial complex, people need to own their stuff.
stop dumping it all on the guy, please.
these threads bear a numbing similarity to the AA posts on ghetto problems; something i know a little bit about. utter denial of any responsibility whatsoever, of what happens on the hood.
what is true about detroit, is true about marriage. when the people of the community think there is a problem, then it will get better & not b4.
read the posts, for the moment, women dont think they got a woman problem, they think they got a man problem. if the guy would just shape up, everything would be ok. until that thinking changes, it wont get better.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-11-2011 at 03:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 02:48 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Neither party is innocent in the situation, but the "other woman" is not the one who stood in front of his spouse and his friends and family and vowed to forsake all others. Also, many times married men lie about their status. They remove their rings, say that they're separated or divorced, etc.

I've spent many of my younger years working in nightclubs & women are just as bad as men are. Either way it's not right. The person doing the cheating is just as wrong as the person they are cheating with.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:56 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
re cheating
i hear this alot. its all about him.
before we can make progress in the disaster called american marriage/divorce rollercoaster, aka marital industrial complex, people need to own their stuff.
stop dumping it all on the guy please.
these threads bear a numbing similarity to the AA posts on ghetto problems. something i know a little bit about. utter denial of any responsibility whatsoever of what happens on the hood.
what is true about detroit is true about marriage, when the people of the community think there is a problem, then it will get better & not b4.
read the posts, for the moment, women dont think they got a woman problem, they think they got a man problem. if the guy would just shape up everything would be ok. until that changes it wont get better.
I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here. My point is that if a married person is cheating with a single person, the single person is not the one who promised to be faithful and is thus breaking a promise to a spouse. Sometimes the single person doesn't even know that they are sleeping with a married person until it's too late.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:44 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Let's say that the article is right. So 78% of men cheat I would think that it would be about the same for women. Unless the men are cheating with each other. Not to mention that this looks bad for women who sleep with married men.
You haven't accounted for double dipping.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:58 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,524 times
Why is this a surprise? Did people actually think humans are monogamous?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,981,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
I think our emotions indicate us as such. Lately though we've been experiencing an overwhelming amount of anti-traditional rhetoric that tries to get us to override our natural emotional instincts.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:21 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post

I believe it come's down to choice if you want to be then yes. If you don't like the idea of being tied down then don't. There are those of us who like being married & in a relationship. I've never had any trouble keeping it in my pants. Again it's about choice.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:42 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
That actually doesn't surprise me. What I don't understand is why someone would do that? I could maybe have a tad bit of understanding from somebody who is not getting something in their relationship I guess. Maybe for everybody else it's the thrill of getting away with something? Why would somebody put the emotions of somebody they care about at that level? People like this shouldn't even be in relationships. Why don't they just stay single??? Oh I forgot. According to society, it's baaaad to be single and alone.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I think our emotions indicate us as such. Lately though we've been experiencing an overwhelming amount of anti-traditional rhetoric that tries to get us to override our natural emotional instincts.
Our emotions indicate other things that we would all think ridiculous as well. Also, anti-tradition is what we call progress. You know....the reason why women and blacks can vote.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I believe it come's down to choice if you want to be then yes. If you don't like the idea of being tied down then don't. There are those of us who like being married & in a relationship. I've never had any trouble keeping it in my pants. Again it's about choice.
Yes, this is valid for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships