Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 02:00 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,028,436 times

Advertisements

All right, so I just went on my 3rd outing with this girl I met on OKc & am fairly interested in. Things are going great! It was just more of the same: dinner, drinks, conversation & tons of laughs!

However, she did mention her ex a few times & a question popped into my head: why the eff is she talking about him?

So I ask you seXXXy CD Relationships Forum people: why do women talk about their exes? Is it because they're showing they have a history, that they have options? That they've had a good time before & know how to have it again, possibly with you? What?

I welcome answers from both guys & gals.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:07 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,227 times
I talk about my x boyfriends just as much as I talk about other people on my life. They were people in my life, they are always part of my life, they are not taboo.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
Why do boys talk about ex-girlfriends?

Old 09-18-2011, 02:39 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,132,345 times
They like to compare tools. Just like you compare your new sanding belt to your old one. No biggie unless you're unsecure.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:58 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
All right, so I just went on my 3rd outing with this girl I met on OKc & am fairly interested in. Things are going great! It was just more of the same: dinner, drinks, conversation & tons of laughs!

However, she did mention her ex a few times & a question popped into my head: why the eff is she talking about him?

So I ask you seXXXy CD Relationships Forum people: why do women talk about their exes? Is it because they're showing they have a history, that they have options? That they've had a good time before & know how to have it again, possibly with you? What?

I guess I look at things differently, but I think it's tacky to do much talking about an ex in the early stages of dating someone new. Mentioning a general overview of the last person you dated is fine, "I broke up with someone last March. We dated for two years prior to that." But if it goes much beyond that, IMHO if you're still at a place where you need to talk about the ex all the time, it may be you've started dating someone new too soon, before you were ready.

OP, you're getting a lot of red flags with this girl. She won't really date you and will only "fake date" you. She talks about her ex. Is this the same ex that had a full time GF and was cheating on that GF with her? If she's waxing poetic about that guy, I would run for the hills. Sounds like this girl likes drama and knows how to draw it in.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:03 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post

Becoz she's stupid

Old 09-18-2011, 08:04 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,601 times
She still has a thing for him imo ,the last thing I would talk about on a date with a new guy is the old one. What a way to kill the mood.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:07 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
She still has a thing for him imo ,the last thing I would talk about on a date with a new guy is the old one. What a way to kill the mood.
Smart babe here

Old 09-18-2011, 09:16 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Well, most people would mention their exes in passing for one reason or another in a conversation. They were parts of their lives after all. Too much talking about them and particularly expressing anger while doing it is a red flag, though.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:11 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
It depends on how frequently someone discusses an ex, and whether the content is informative or just a rant. Good information can give you real insights into what she likes or doesn't, and let's you decide if you're a good match - or not. The attitude that comes across in her remarks is also useful, and can indicate a red-flag personality issue. So, as long as it's not excessive, you may learn more, faster, than you would otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.