Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,558,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post
The problem is that if I tell her the truth she'll probably burst into laughter and I'm too old to let myself be humiliated like that.
What you did was humiliating. Call her and tell her what's going on. If she gives you a second chance, that act alone says to me she's probably the woman you've been looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,380,671 times
Sorry, one more thing.......Sex is never embarrasing whether you have experience or not...it's always about what YOU want to make it.....look to it as a very wonderful, enjoyable experience, and be excited to go for it !!!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:41 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,380,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
What you did was humiliating. Call her and tell her what's going on. If she gives you a second chance, that act alone says to me she's probably the woman you've been looking for.
I never thought of it that way...sounds good!!!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:44 PM

88 posts, read 279,858 times
This dates were not something I was expecting, she actually asked me out. As you can imagine, I've always been pretty set in my ways about being a virgin for the rest of my life, even though it used to bother me a lot in my 20s.

I feel very embarrassed when it comes to this issue because I feel like a 15 year old and I know I'm trouble for women because of my sexual inexperience.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,087,658 times
Quote:
This dates were not something I was expecting, she actually asked me out. As you can imagine, I've always been pretty set in my ways about being a virgin for the rest of my life, even though it used to bother me a lot in my 20s.

I feel very embarrassed when it comes to this issue because I feel like a 15 year old and I know I'm trouble for women because of my sexual inexperience.
inexperience isn't trouble. There are a million other things more troubling than inexperience in the sack.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:51 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,630,221 times
OP go have sex with a one or two girls that you have no want-for-attachment to and just get the "heebie jeebies" about the mechanics of sex out of your system.

Telling a woman that you are a 40+ year old virgin is a bit scary from a woman's viewpoint. It means that you have not been able to make a "connection" with anyone from your teens years on.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:58 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,806,188 times
Quote:

You turned down sex with a beautiful woman who came on to you? Jason I want to call you a dumbo. Do you know how many guys would do what you did? Good guess....zero. Most of us here believe you did what you did out of fear of that "first time". Most of us felt what you felt when we were 15 or 17 or 20 or whatever. But most of us winged it whether it be because of raging teenage hormones or peer pressure but we jumped in anyway. Usually this "first time" was awkward and one sided favoring the guy. What do we know about mutual satisfaction when we are 20?

I just wanted to say that.......I'm with the others in their advice. At an older age, being very honest about your situation is the best medicine and it might just work in your favor if she is a decent and understanding lady. Who knows.....she might just develop a whole new respect for you thereby making your future together as awesome as can be. What I mean is it takes a REAL man to admit your situation to a lady you just meet.

This could be a blessing in disguise so go for it. But wait a day or 2 till her hurt fades a bit before going for it.

Good luck !!

Old 04-21-2011, 08:28 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,793,199 times
Quote:
The problem is that if I tell her the truth she'll probably burst into laughter and I'm too old to let myself be humiliated like that.
You're also too old to be a virgin. What's worse? You being humiliated - and that may not happen - or you staying a virgin for the rest of your life?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:50 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,793,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
OP go have sex with a one or two girls that you have no want-for-attachment to and just get the "heebie jeebies" about the mechanics of sex out of your system.
He's a 41-year-old virgin. How the hell is he going to do that? Do you have any idea how ludicrous this whole thing sounds?

Quote:
Telling a woman that you are a 40+ year old virgin is a bit scary from a woman's viewpoint. It means that you have not been able to make a "connection" with anyone from your teens years on.
Yup. So how's he gonna have sex with one or two girls? Jeesh.....

Old 04-21-2011, 08:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,445,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
He's a 41-year-old virgin. How the hell is he going to do that?
Prostitution is legal in some places. As extreme as the case is, I'd consider it if I were him. Heck, I'd go to a foreign country need be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships