Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,321,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley22 View Post
What is your thoughts on guys who update their facebook status a couple times a day. I'm sorta into this guy, but find it strange that he updates his status all day. I'm not friends with him on facebook but we casually text. Just wondering a guys or girls opinion on this.
Right now the weather in most places is not very good. People are spending more time in front of their computer than if it were 70 degrees out side. I spend a lot of time on FB (and CD LOL), so I would not judge him by that. Also, with the iPhone, etc., people can check their FB page while waiting for a traffic light to change, so it does not mean, necessarily that he is addicted to the internet.

If he is a nice guy otherwise, I would not let this concern me.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 02:53 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,001,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Sure does. L.O.S.E.R. No one wants to hear mundane things like eating their lunch or taking a dump. Get.A.Life.
Lol, super pyschic donie1 at it again. Apparently, you know what everyone wants to hear/not hear, and if they happen to live a different lifestyle from the pre-determined norm in your neck of the woods , which you approve of and probably live by, then they just have to be LOSER material.

Like I said, I don't understand how you can label someone a loser for trivial actions that have absolutely no negative effect on your life? Lol, if it makes you feel better about your own life, then by all means, condescend away!!!! Lol, Self Deceit FTW!!!!

Maybe you truely believe that what goes down on your street/city is the status quo all across earth itself, and anything else is just media propaganda.

Seriously though, "How exactly does one Get.a.Life ?" You obviously have a one, so you can probably teach everyone a thing or two about how to get one.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:02 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,001,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Husband and I were watching the superbowl and there was a car commercial on there that had a voice feature that will read your facebook updates for you. We both looked at eachother and had the same "WTF" reaction
That seemed like a stupid commercial, because I don't think it was an important feature that would really distinquish them from other cars.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:04 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,717,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
What planet is your real world? In my real world, fb doesn't even come close to reality.
Actually, I bet it does. You see, even though "you" don't have a facebook, I'm sure your friends do. And some people love to mention who's with them and what they are doing. Or maybe they post a picture from a party and you are in that picture. And if you are dating or have a girlfriend, and they know you are not on there, never check it and have no desire to be on it, more than likely, they mention you. I've seen managers complain about employees, coworkers, etc. So, whether anyone likes it or not, facebook is in their real world.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:07 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,528,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Actually, I bet it does. You see, even though "you" don't have a facebook, I'm sure your friends do. And some people love to mention who's with them and what they are doing. Or maybe they post a picture from a party and you are in that picture. And if you are dating or have a girlfriend, and they know you are not on there, never check it and have no desire to be on it, more than likely, they mention you. I've seen managers complain about employees, coworkers, etc. So, whether anyone likes it or not, facebook is in their real world.
At least someone else realizes facebook is an online extension of the real world.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:12 PM

27,955 posts, read 40,042,510 times
Lately I am in lively and humerous debate with a friend which is better: Pirates of Ninjas

Old 02-11-2011, 06:02 PM

3 posts, read 2,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley22 View Post
What is your thoughts on guys who update their facebook status a couple times a day. I'm sorta into this guy, but find it strange that he updates his status all day. I'm not friends with him on facebook but we casually text. Just wondering a guys or girls opinion on this.
Depends on how often. I know I'll update mine if I'm utterly bored at work. Some people get annoying and update every little thing they do.

So and so posted @ 2:12 pm: "I'm pooping right now".
So and so posted @ 2:14 pm: "Now I'm wiping."

Who really cares?

If it's annoying you - and I'm not sure if it is - then delete and move on or tell the person, but be careful. People are a bit testy over FB.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,601,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
What does writing Facebook commentary have to do with gender?
Because real masculine mature men don't use facebook unless they are, say, solders keeping in touch with their wives/family, or they are promoting a business/ music band.

Look it up, the statistics say that mostly women use the social networking websites where I think linkedin is the only one that males use more because it's business related.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:31 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,528,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Because real masculine mature men don't use facebook unless they are, say, solders keeping in touch with their wives/family, or they are promoting a business/ music band.

Look it up, the statistics say that mostly women use the social networking websites where I think linkedin is the only one that males use more because it's business related.
In that case, I know a lot of immature men. Almost everyone I know my age is on facebook. I don't think gender has anything to do with it. In fact, people think it's odd if they find out someone my age (male or female) is not on facebook.

Once you reach a certain age, facebook might be more popular with women. But I don't think women are the overwhelming majority on facebook. Facebook was invented by a man.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:36 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,601,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post

Once you reach a certain age, facebook might be more popular with women. But I don't think women are the overwhelming majority on facebook. Facebook was invented by a man.
Pretty much everything women use was invented by men. Regardless, here are the statistics.

"Here are some popular social networks with a majority of users being female:

• Flickr is 55 percent female.
  • Twitter is 57 percent female.
  • Facebook is 57 percent female.
  • Ning is 59 percent female.
  • MySpace is 64 percent female."
BeatBlogging.Org – Women use social media more than men
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships