Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 PM

635 posts, read 1,705,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Well, it's been a long time since I was a bachelor, but I was the type to just go up and talk to women I didn't know. I don't know what you mean by "mindset" exactly, but for myself, I never had to ramp up to do it. I just went up and started talking to them I looked at it like this: I had nothing to lose. What's the worst that can happen if you misread their smile or whatever vibe you are cueing off of?

Either you are going to meet a new friend, maybe get a chance to talk again on the phone or something, get a date or she will let you know she's not interested. In any of those cases, you have lost nothing.
And that is my way of thinking too but when it comes to a real life setting, it gets challenging to me.

This year, I was thinking about just going out to bar/club by myself and introducing to as many women as possible as a challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 02:55 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,405,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emirate25 View Post
And that is my way of thinking too but when it comes to a real life setting, it gets challenging to me.

This year, I was thinking about just going out to bar/club by myself and introducing to as many women as possible as a challenge.
Right, good idea. Now throw in a little humor, a little fun and you might really have something. Those women at that club, and I don't care how gorgeous they are, many of them are just as bored, uncomfortable, nervous, etc. A little comic relief goes a long way in those situations. Be light and you will think light, therefore you will behave light and in the process lighten up the evenings of a lot of grateful women.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:57 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,924 times
Quote:

Well just try it. After you've done it the first time it just gets easier, especially after you start getting positive results. As my wife says, "Confidence is sexy."

You know, it just doesn't have to be at bars or that sort of thing. One time I was in a jewelry store buying a mother's day gift. The girl who was helping me was really cute and seemed kind of sweet. I thought, "What the hell?" and asked her out. She said yes.

There are all sorts of quality women out there. Talk to the cashier at the store, the girl at the restaurant, someone at the airport, a girl in the same book aisle as you at Borders, some girl who works in a completely different department at work than you or if you're in school, the girl sitting there reading in the student common. The bar scene is all fine and good, but don't limit yourself to just that!

Old 01-19-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Well just try it. After you've done it the first time it just gets easier, especially after you start getting positive results. As my wife says, "Confidence is sexy."

You know, it just doesn't have to be at bars or that sort of thing. One time I was in a jewelry store buying a mother's day gift. The girl who was helping me was really cute and seemed kind of sweet. I thought, "What the hell?" and asked her out. She said yes.

There are all sorts of quality women out there. Talk to the cashier at the store, the girl at the restaurant, someone at the airport, a girl in the same book aisle as you at Borders, some girl who works in a completely different department at work than you or if you're in school, the girl sitting there reading in the student common. The bar scene is all fine and good, but don't limit yourself to just that!

Definitely!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,961 times
Quote:
In what kind of mindset do you get into to just go up to random women and start talking to them? I am always screwing this up by not doing anything. I catch women looking at me and smiling but I sometimes get intimidated to go up to them.
I think I qualify to answer the question. Warning, I'm not a player, I talk to all kinds of women especially beautiful ones but more often than not nothing comes of it.

Here's my mindset. It doesn't take much to start a conversation. I've started conversations with women by mentioning the weather, commenting on something they are wearing, or their tattoo or something. One of my favorites is to ask for directions, even though I know exactly where I'm going.

Like I said usually nothing comes of these experiences but I still remember them fondly. I've talked to some really amazingly beautiful women.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:11 PM

635 posts, read 1,705,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Humble View Post
definitely!
+2

Old 01-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
+2
Take it easy with it, man. Don't worry about it so much. I'm sure you're a young guy with a lot of great times ahead of you, in romance and otherwise. I just wish I were still your age with all those great memories I have still ahead of me.

Trust me, the best is yet to come.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
One of my favorites is to ask for directions, even though I know exactly where I'm going.
Ha-ha, that's a good one! Especially since most men would rather explore alternative destinations than ask for directions. The ladies probably knew something else was up anyway.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:41 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha-ha, that's a good one! Especially since most men would rather explore alternative destinations than ask for directions. The ladies probably knew something else was up anyway.
You can learn a lot about someone by asking for directions. If they know where they are going they probably live or work in the vicinity. If they don't know, they will probably tell you that they aren't from the area which naturally leads to an easy conversation.

One of my favorite things to do is look for people who look like tourists, or don't seem to know where they are going, and then ask them for directions. It's a great way to meet people from all over the place and have conversations with them.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times
i got better at approaching women when i got better at striking up random conversations with ANYONE when i was younger. ill talk to anyone and everyone not just girls i wanna sleep with

last night i was walking by two girls who were in the grocery store who i assumed were roommates. i just heard one say the word "tuna fish" while walking by so i made a joke about how tuna fish is gonna stink up her apartment and her roommate is gonna punch her. stupid but its enough to strike up a conversation and get to know them a bit. no need for anything fancy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships