Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:17 AM

757 posts, read 1,025,268 times

Advertisements

I’m still single due to a lengthy illness. I will be a confirmed bachelor myself soon if my illness still persists and leaves me incapable of dealing with a relationship the way a healthy person could. I’m hoping you’d answer the following query of mine.

Under what circumstances you’d decided not to get married and have family? Any regrets so far or is it alright to be alone at your age? What does it feel like to be single at an older age? How do you spend your life?

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 06:55 AM

415 posts, read 599,944 times
29 yrs old male here. I haven't gotten married because the divorce rate is 50%. That means I have any marriage I got into with an American chick would have a 50% chance of failure. It's ridiculous to get married with those odds.

Being a confirmed bachelor is better than being a divorced male.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:01 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
I am a confirmed bachelorette. I will never get married because I don't believe a piece of paper is necessary to be with someone, and lifetime monogamy with one man is not appealing to me. I also have a huge fear of complacency in relationships and not being able to get out.

I have no regrets because I know myself well enough to know I would not be a subtle mother or wife. I have known this all my life. I spend my life working and getting my masters degree. Eventually I want to travel a lot and have the ability to pick up and move at the drop of a hat for work or just because I feel like it.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:22 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
29 yrs old male here. I haven't gotten married because the divorce rate is 50%. That means I have any marriage I got into with an American chick would have a 50% chance of failure. It's ridiculous to get married with those odds.

Being a confirmed bachelor is better than being a divorced male.
So you're living your life afraid to do anything based on the failures of other people's relationships? Good job.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:27 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
I’m still single due to a lengthy illness. I will be a confirmed bachelor myself soon if my illness still persists and leaves me incapable of dealing with a relationship the way a healthy person could. I’m hoping you’d answer the following query of mine.

Under what circumstances you’d decided not to get married and have family? Any regrets so far or is it alright to be alone at your age? What does it feel like to be single at an older age? How do you spend your life?

Cheers
i thought "confirmed bachelor" meant you were gay

like saying you're 'light in the loafers' or you 'putt from the rough'

Old 09-04-2013, 07:28 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,437,357 times
I sometimes miss being a bachelor. Life was easier. For example, I didn't have to clean crumbs off the floor, the ants would clean them for me.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 AM

415 posts, read 599,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
So you're living your life afraid to do anything based on the failures of other people's relationships? Good job.
I have no regrets about my choice, unlike the divorced males I've met.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Ive been in relationships since I was an adult, with the notion that life was meant to be shared with someone in order to be happy (boy was I wrong) After my divorce, I elected to remain single and focus primarily on myself; it was the best move I ever made in my life. Since then, my career/business has blossomed (I'm set to retire by 40) my health/fitness has never been better (competing in marathons/triathlons) I travel the world, I date/bang whomever I want (without commitment) but above all, I have ample time to go fishing

There's absolutely nothing a woman can offer me to improve my life (other than children) which I will want in the future, but I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Bachelor life is great; I feel like im a teenager (but with money) no drama, no stress.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:28 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
I struggle a bit dating, so for me, being a bachelor gets lonely for long stretches of time. It is different for guys who date and have short term flings. Guys that can do that don't mind being a bachelor as much.

But going 3-4 months without a date gets kind of lonely, especially when you are trying.

I don't regret not having a kid. I'm not certain how good of a parent/LTR partner I would be.
But I could see myself in a LTR and being satisfied with that. For me, that is much easier said then done.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:28 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ive been in relationships since I was an adult, with the notion that life was meant to be shared with someone in order to be happy (boy was I wrong) After my divorce, I elected to remain single and focus primarily on myself; it was the best move I ever made in my life. Since then, my career/business has blossomed (I'm set to retire by 40) my health/fitness has never been better (competing in marathons/triathlons) I travel the world, I date/bang whomever I want (without commitment) but above all, I have ample time to go fishing

There's absolutely nothing a woman can offer me to improve my life (other than children) which I will want in the future, but I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Bachelor life is great; I feel like im a teenager (but with money) no drama, no stress.
This is interesting. I know married women who travel the world annually (on their own), compete in marathons and triathlons, and are at the peak of their careers. They bang the one person they want to be banging. And they have ample time to go hiking. Life is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships