Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:21 AM

525 posts, read 1,557,296 times

Advertisements

I noticed that with someone I know. They both still have their engagement photos up on FB even though their relationship has ended months ago before they got married
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 11:13 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,342,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
I noticed that with someone I know. They both still have their engagement photos up on FB even though their relationship has ended months ago before they got married
Maybe there is hope in the world and not all people are addicted to the upkeep of their profile and pictures

Old 11-23-2010, 11:17 AM

19,757 posts, read 20,312,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
not all people are addicted to the upkeep of their profile and pictures
But some people are totally addicted to upkeep, and they still have pictures of themselves & their exes! lol

I've noticed this too...

I'm all delete, delete, delete...lol

Old 11-23-2010, 11:23 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,841,967 times
I deleted all my pictures of me and the ex. I also when through and untagged all the pictures she had tagged me in.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:18 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,930,639 times
FB is one of this century's greatest evils.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:51 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,887,257 times
mabe they just like how THEY looked in the pictures, mabe theres other people in those pictures ect...

i still have a few photos of my ex on my facebook but thats because there photos of myself that i like and typically have other friends in them too...
i find it more mature to leave the pictures up then take them all down or "cut" his face out.

pictures of him alone however...i got rid of, but i dont think its a black and white situation...i have aboslutly no desire to get back with my ex (infact i wouldnt stand within 15 ft of him without a hazmat suit on) so its not nessicarily that...

Old 11-23-2010, 01:34 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,709,601 times
I deleted most photos of my ex and I in a fit of emotion one night, but she hasn't deleted the ones she has nor have I untagged myself from them. I can't be arsed to untag myself, and frankly it's not like untagging myself just erases that part of my life from history. We had a pretty clean breakup so there wasn't any reason to completely disassociate myself from her anyway.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:43 PM

130 posts, read 336,362 times
Maybe they just forgot or don't go on that much to care. I mean, it's pretty easy to delete. However, with all those status updates and feeds then someone is bound to be embarrassed. I remember when I broke up with my ex, my friend asked "What the hell happened to such and such?". I was then forced to just reply that we broke up. Good thing I was the one who did the dumping but if I had been dumped I may have been embarrassed. Maybe they believe that it will cause more attention in deleting them than it would to just keep them up.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:31 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,708,435 times
My ex is my room mate. After she broke it off with me, I took her off my friends list at the site we met at, and took her picture off my profile.

She asked me WHY I did that, so I ended up reacquiring all that. Just because we're not in a romantic/sexual relationship doesn't mean that we can't still be "connected".

Old 11-23-2010, 03:03 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,284,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Maybe there is hope in the world and not all people are addicted to the upkeep of their profile and pictures
There would be hope in the world if people stopped worrying about OMG OTHER PEOPLE'S PHOTOS!

I mean, come on already. Thread after thread after thread of this tripe. What does this mean? What does that mean? What color is the sky? Why do farts smell?

Enough with the bleepin' trivial, inconsequential, nosy nonsense.

Does it affect your life? No.

Does it matter in the grand scheme of the cosmos? No.

Is it any of your business? No.

Does it matter? NO.

Some people need to get a life and/or a grip, whichever comes first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships