Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 02:39 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,485 times

Advertisements

And before you ask what sprung or whipped means.

Sprung=you're in love where you start acting different from who you normally are. Example: you buy your girlfriend 200 dollars worth of clothes when you wouldn't do that for yourself or anybody else because you're sprung.

Whipped=deeply in love where you basically lose touch with your friends, family and even yourself. She or he becomes your life. Example: You spend time with your girl everyday and rarely say anything to your friends in the last 3 months just to say what's up.

Being that I've never been in a relationship before and witnessing my comrades being held hostage by their girlfriends from the power of strong vajayjay and affection they weren't used to getting and seeing how they became different during and after their experiences. I don't want to fall a victim. I guess you can say I'm scared of being in love but hey, if it's going to make me do something I normally wouldn't do then... I might as well be a manwhore and call it a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 02:44 PM

380 posts, read 795,482 times
Easy. Set boundaries from the get-go. I've never had a bf that I've wanted to hang out with everyday of the week. So pick your days to do your own thing (hobby, family, friends etc) and tell her from the beginning that these days are set aside for other people/things.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
Easy. Set boundaries from the get-go. I've never had a bf that I've wanted to hang out with everyday of the week. So pick your days to do your own thing (hobby, family, friends etc) and tell her from the beginning that these days are set aside for other people/things.
What if she objects to this?

Old 10-13-2010, 02:54 PM

380 posts, read 795,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
What if she objects to this?
Then she's probably got some sort of insecurity issue or she's possessive. Get rid of her.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM

968 posts, read 2,623,668 times
well it sounds like he's at that age where all the girls want to know where their man is 24/7

sounds like he's about 17 -25.

its really difficult when the testosterone kicks in, makes you do stuff and then you wake up and go "i did WHAT last night?!" (spend your tax return on your girlfriends new prada purse)

Old 10-13-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
well it sounds like he's at that age where all the girls want to know where their man is 24/7

sounds like he's about 17 -25.

its really difficult when the testosterone kicks in, makes you do stuff and then you wake up and go "i did WHAT last night?!" (spend your tax return on your girlfriends new prada purse)
Yep, I'm 24. I just don't want to be committed like that. I'm still young.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:16 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,415 times
This only happens to weak people who's girlfriends are b*tches.
Pick a girlfriend who has no desire to control or change you, if you see it happening a little, stand your ground and your girlfriend will either respect you for it or bounce. Either way, problem solved.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:16 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,090 times
These men probably pick insecure women. Not all or even most women will demand such behavioral changes. Although, people "change" on their own accord when in love, and it does not have to result in foolishness. Sometimes love does move a person to a selfless act to express the feeling, and that seems positive to me; nothing to fear.

Oh, another thing is, relationships do require some adjustment in your life. You have to make time for the other person & make some effort to see them & meet their needs, & they should do the same for you. That does not mean sacrificing your identity, it's just logical.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:40 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,042 times
The trick is to find someone who thinks like you do. That's why being friends with someone first helps weed out those who you know just aren't on the same wavelength.

Another poster mentioned boundaries, which I agree is important to establish. Start off as you mean to continue. It may sound harsh and unyielding, but it's so easy to fall into the trap of uber-togetherness.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
These men probably pick insecure women. Not all or even most women will demand such behavioral changes. Although, people "change" on their own accord when in love, and it does not have to result in foolishness. Sometimes love does move a person to a selfless act to express the feeling, and that seems positive to me; nothing to fear.

Oh, another thing is, relationships do require some adjustment in your life. You have to make time for the other person & make some effort to see them & meet their needs, & they should do the same for you. That does not mean sacrificing your identity, it's just logical.
True. Good post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships