Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 08:06 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,476,888 times

Advertisements

yes. in a foreign country no less.! Loved the architect. But after reading up on the laws and taxation there....it fizzled my desire. Still am a fan of certain abodes....yet as they say...location location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 09:26 PM

749 posts, read 736,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabang View Post
I was scrolling through some historic cottages to get paint color ideas and saw a beautiful house for sale in TN. I'm in GA. I have no intention of leaving GA or my job. But I just can't stop thinking about the house. It is so beautiful and perfect. I even looked through job postings for Nashville which is crazy. I wonder if anyone has ever completely uprooted their life and family because they found the perfect house. And if they regretted it later?
My wife & I look at - and thoroughly love - houses all over the country. But we have no plans of moving.

Partly it's because we absolutely love the house we're in.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:14 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,071,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabang View Post
I was scrolling through some historic cottages to get paint color ideas and saw a beautiful house for sale in TN. I'm in GA. I have no intention of leaving GA or my job. But I just can't stop thinking about the house. It is so beautiful and perfect. I even looked through job postings for Nashville which is crazy. I wonder if anyone has ever completely uprooted their life and family because they found the perfect house. And if they regretted it later?
Never love something that can't love you back,

Old 04-28-2017, 03:54 AM

761 posts, read 605,806 times
Here's what helped me:

While the photos are still up on the realtor site
Print each page in color.
Sometimes a house of interest shares its allure
by studying the nuances that drew us to it.

Staged homes can be works of art both inside and out.

Go room by room to transform your house similarly to the dream house and soon your house will look enviable too.
Paring down clutter, swapping out dated pieces, changing style and colors
can make your own home very lovable.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:02 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,396,566 times
While in Killarney, my best friends and I stayed in an old farm cottage, and yes, I fell in love with the place. Wouldn't ever move to Ireland, but that little house was so darn cute, and located on a road that led straight into town.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:06 AM

761 posts, read 605,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
While in Killarney, my best friends and I stayed in an old farm cottage, and yes, I fell in love with the place. Wouldn't ever move to Ireland, but that little house was so darn cute, and located on a road that led straight into town.
Sounds dreamy.. I love it already!

Old 04-28-2017, 07:45 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,937,406 times
Just started an Audible book "A $500 House in Detroit" about a young college grad who is very unhappy about the wealth/race chasms in America (he is while, blue-collar family) who buys house at auction and spends years rebuilding it step by step...

Just started the book but one of the people he meets early on who plants the seed of buy/rebuilding a house to make a difference is guy who has bought house he saw in his visits/time in Detroit over like 10-15 yrs of seeing it abandoned and for sale in a very untypical neighborhood just few miles from downtown Detroit...

Apparently his friend had seen the house already abandoned and in derelict state but it created an immediate attraction and always wanted to buy it but never had the 15K that was asked...then one time a friend had gotten a windfall and loaned him the money in cash and he bought the house....totally decrepit but he felt some mystic connection and was going about rebuilding it with found objects and bought items as he could afford to...harvested blue plastic drums from meat packing plant in the area to use for rain barrel watering system for example--because the city water was so expensive...

Old 04-28-2017, 10:49 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,645,971 times
We go to dinner in another town every week and I always drive my this historic house I absolutely love. Well, I love the outside and the lot. Who knows what the inside looks like! I'm scared that it's 52 apartments and the house has been destroyed. If it ever goes on the market, I definitely want to view it. My husband knows this. Would I move? Would all depend on the inside of the house and how much it was. Am I looking to move? Absolutely not!

Old 04-28-2017, 10:50 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,302,584 times
No, I never wasted my time looking at homes in areas I knew we would never move to and we bought our home in 2015 so I have no need to look at homes for sale.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:16 PM

922 posts, read 1,113,834 times
I'll look up houses in other cities/states that I see featured on those house hunting shows; it's fun to me to see what houses and neighborhoods look like in other parts of the country. I seem to be especially drawn to the South and the Northeast. We moved from CA to TX a few years ago and I couldn't wait to leave the cookie-cutter stucco style of homes behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate