Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,868,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post

[If there is something glaring, like the dog growls, barks, or left a present, there is something broken, a window open, maybe it's raining in the living room, I will let the agent know.]

IF I am a listing agent, I already know the problem is;
1. Condition
2. Price
3. Terms
4. Coop Fee
5. Location

none of which I have control.

Here is my cheat sheet for guessing what the problem is:

If the property is shown, but no seconds, then it is 1, 2, or 5.

If the property is not shown then it is 2, or 3, 4, or 5.

If the property is shown, and you have a few seconds, then you are close, but either 1, 3, or 5 is preventing an offer.
This is cool.

The words behind these numbers sometimes makes a difference, for owners.

Only thing that cures location and condition ( including wallpaper) is price. When the price is right, a buyer will rationalize the purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 10:51 AM

6 posts, read 35,232 times
I like some of the ideas and comments here.
I work with several agents in my town and we have a hard time get feedback from other agents about what their buyers thought.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:01 PM

739 posts, read 833,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Feedback is a waste of everybody's time. Feedback isn't the answer to the problem of selling your house. You need lookers (showings then second showings, then an offer. Nothing happens until the property is showed.

IF I am a buyer's agent, I cannot tell the listing agent *anything* that might harm my client's position. So what if it's number 3 on the list, we might come back if we find there is something wrong with the house or the seller later.

[If there is something glaring, like the dog growls, barks, or left a present, there is something broken, a window open, maybe it's raining in the living room, I will let the agent know.]

IF I am a listing agent, I already know the problem is;
1. Condition
2. Price
3. Terms
4. Coop Fee
5. Location

none of which I have control.

Here is my cheat sheet for guessing what the problem is:

If the property is shown, but no seconds, then it is 1, 2, or 5.

If the property is not shown then it is 2, or 3, 4, or 5.

If the property is shown, and you have a few seconds, then you are close, but either 1, 3, or 5 is preventing an offer.

Sorry, not always so. I sold two houses last year as a direct result of tracking feedback, identifying a perception problem, assisting the builder in implementing the necessary change and then sold the houses within two weeks at full price. Too many agents would have just told the builder that he should reduce the price.

Also, there are only three reasons a house either sells or doesn't; Marketing, Condition and Price. If any one of those items is lacking, the other two had better be spot on! I use a marketing pyramid graphic that is similar to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. It starts with the basics at the bottom and at the top is a successful sale. With it I can find out exactly why the sales process has failed and what steps are necessary to continue the momentum.

Also, the reasons many agents don't provide feedback is that they are either unprofessional and only think of what they want - or they don't ask their clients the right questions and as a result can't share information they don't have.

Last edited by Buckhead_Broker; 02-14-2008 at 04:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate