Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:19 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,392,951 times

Advertisements

I'd say in today's market, whatever it takes to grab the attention of potential buyers. There's no such thing as a listing disaster, especially if it's picked up and posted on this site for the world to see.

We have an irritating realtor in our area who starts every ad with Ooo La La, whether it's a $6 million house or a double wide. She sells houses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,599,380 times
That is so funny! Wow, that realtor was mighty impressed with her client's home...Maybe she should buy it herself

I can't laugh too hard...my last agent (God love her) was great, but she put a corny sentence in our MLS listing. Something to the effect of "relax on the back deck and count your blessings." My hubby and me laughed hysterically about this, we never made her change it, we thought it was funny.
My husband said she should have put "relax on the back deck and contemplate cutting all that grass." LOL, we have an acre lot, and no it's not wooded!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 AM

582 posts, read 2,012,991 times
Pictures are up, her taste isn't bad. It kind of looks like a show house, but with a little more stuff in some areas than you would want. I don't know if I would say great taste or that the owner copied those overly done rooms in magazines that are made to show you all the possibilities, not necessarily made for you to take all of the suggestions!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:37 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,374,211 times
I put a picture of one of the seller's kids (a 6 year old) on the listing with a caption "please buy my parents house". It gets comments, but buyers aren't buyin it so far

Old 11-12-2007, 10:46 AM

23,931 posts, read 33,794,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I put a picture of one of the seller's kids (a 6 year old) on the listing with a caption "please buy my parents house". It gets comments, but buyers aren't buyin it so far

My daughter was in an ad like that..

I used to be friends with a real estate agent. My daughter was 3 at the time, had a little tykes play house (it was the nicest one at the time). I'd made her a wedding dress for Halloween; we dressed her up, got a little boy in a suit, had them stand outside of the playhouse. Wish I could remember the caption

Our toilet bowl was also used in an ad with money flushing down it.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:07 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,698,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post

We have an irritating realtor in our area who starts every ad with Ooo La La, whether it's a $6 million house or a double wide. She sells houses!
Is the realtor french?

Old 11-12-2007, 11:14 AM

40 posts, read 97,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSatin View Post
Pictures are up, her taste isn't bad. It kind of looks like a show house, but with a little more stuff in some areas than you would want. I don't know if I would say great taste or that the owner copied those overly done rooms in magazines that are made to show you all the possibilities, not necessarily made for you to take all of the suggestions!

Yes, they are up now, and the agent added: "Click to view pictures - amazing!"

It looks like a nice place, but no backyard pics. I always like to see the backyard in a listing.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
welcome aboard JinMs

I always chuckle when I see in a listing "House boasts" then they list certain things
It make you want to say "Wow a house that talks you sure you shouldn't ask much more"

Hey, thanks, Karla.

That phrase gets me, too. It makes me think either the house is going to feel stuffy or the owners are going to want to be very well-paid.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
I'd say in today's market, whatever it takes to grab the attention of potential buyers. There's no such thing as a listing disaster, especially if it's picked up and posted on this site for the world to see.

I think you have a point!

I remember reading a lot of "ooo la la's" from a couple of agents around here too, but haven't seen them lately.

We also have some that love to use "darling" "Mrs. Clean lives here" and "knock out", but the absolute worst of all to me is "To Die For!" That phrase is like fingernails on a chalkboard. I haven't yet seen a house that I think anyone should die for! I don't even think that's funny or tasteful in the slightest. And if you are dead, how are you going to enjoy it!?

Old 11-12-2007, 12:20 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,634,030 times
Several years ago I used to read "Honey, stop the car!" quite frequently. Makes me chuckle even now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate