Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:15 AM

631 posts, read 2,452,308 times

Advertisements

I posted a thread about how's the market in your area. Thanks for all the feedback.

Since last Thursday I've noticed it getting busier, more appt's getting booked, and actually some contracts getting written. The same for the town next door also felt the busy surge at the same time all the sudden. I'm hoping it's not just a fluke week and it's proving the same as this time last year, as it got busy mid July and was slam dunk into christmas.

Any of you guys feeling an upswing in your areas all the sudden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 11:38 PM

166 posts, read 858,055 times
Just speaking for myself, I'm in Springfield, IL - and have been busy all year. Have had 27 closings so far this year, 15 have been since May 1st. Many agents here have 'teams' - but I am a team of one! Things did slow down a bit for the first couple of weeks in July, but are returning to normal.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:48 PM

3,368 posts, read 9,231,497 times
This was part of the email I got from the Real Estate Consultant in charge of our relocation from MI to NC just 20 hours ago (according to gmail):

Quote:
Hi Elizabeth,

I'm just touching base with you on the marketing of your home in Michigan. I am sorry to report that not much has changed since the last report and the market is slow for your area. I will follow up with Beverly in a couple of weeks and see if anything has changed.
We have been getting these about every two weeks for the last 4 months. Guess not every area is looking up. Liz

Old 07-25-2007, 01:04 PM

107 posts, read 284,263 times
Hi southernlady, where did you move to in leland? I currently live in southport and have been trying to sell our house for some time. We are going to buy in brunswick forest as soon as we do sell.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:08 PM

3,368 posts, read 9,231,497 times
You and I will be right around the corner once you move, LOL. I'll PM you. Liz

Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 PM

982 posts, read 3,495,528 times
The market here is still doing well, although it has slowed down a lot. I'm actually loving it right now because all of the agents who are in the business for the wrong reasons are getting out.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:19 AM

well, finally heard some positive news about the home selling situation this morning on the today show. this person seems to think that we have hit bottom and should start seeing improvement in the next 3-6 months. She states buyers that are sitting out to see if they get a better deal may find themselves buying to late, that you never see the bottom untill it has passed. hopefully she has an idea of what she is talking about, if nothing more than someone out there talking positive about the situation instead of all the negative publicity the media keeps harping about. was suppose to put a deposit on my new house today with construction to begin in Jan08, really would like to so I dont have to pay any increases in the future, but dont think I can take the risk right now without selling my current house first, hopefully thing are picking up.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:35 AM

631 posts, read 2,452,308 times
Default bad ones getting out

Hi Tish, you wrote I'm actually loving it right now because all of the agents who are in the business for the wrong reasons are getting out.

I agree, just heard about 2 of the bad ones getting out that I used to work with. Just like used car salesmen they were.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:22 AM

59 posts, read 273,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperk View Post
Hi Tish, you wrote I'm actually loving it right now because all of the agents who are in the business for the wrong reasons are getting out.

I agree, just heard about 2 of the bad ones getting out that I used to work with. Just like used car salesmen they were.
I can't speak for all of the offices, but my office currently has 12 homes under contract that have all gone pending in the last 30 days. Plenty of business still coming in. I'm sure there still room for improvement though.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMarinelli View Post
I can't speak for all of the offices, but my office currently has 12 homes under contract that have all gone pending in the last 30 days. Plenty of business still coming in. I'm sure there still room for improvement though.

whoohoo!!! send them new buyers this way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate