Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 02:49 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,227,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appraisergx View Post
Many buyers do not need a Realtor, especially a buyer who has nothing positive to say about his experience. Anyone with half of a brain can buy real estate for themselves. And, in this case, I highly suggest the original poster consider an Independent Appraiser to protect itself -- which has nothing to do with sales people and their job description.
From my point of view as one who got royally screwed in a house-buying experience back in the Eighties due to the incompetence of a so-called buyer's agent, THANK YOU!

With the preponderance of self-help articles and sites like Zillow and Redfin, plus the services of an Independent Appraiser and Real Estate Attorney, I feel quite confident in purchasing my next home realtor-free. If I have to, I'll stick to FSBOs only.

Once burned, FOREVER shy.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:18 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,199,051 times
Put me down in the less than half a brain category I guess.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:35 PM

15,597 posts, read 40,505,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
From my point of view as one who got royally screwed in a house-buying experience back in the Eighties due to the incompetence of a so-called buyer's agent, THANK YOU!

There weren't buyer agents in the 1980's. Buyer agency didn't form in most states until the mid-1990's. I am sure your experience was a common one where buyers thought the person showing them houses was "their" agent, but in fact was a sub-agent of the seller.

It makes no sense to rule out homes listed by real estate agents since that is like 90% of homes, but you don't have to be represented by one. You can always represent yourself.

I probably have 1-2 unrepresented buyers buy one of my listings every year.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:23 PM

290 posts, read 574,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post

Once burned, FOREVER shy.
You're welcome.

And, there are plenty of FSBOs out there. Plenty of them without signs in the yards, per se, as well. Here in the south (Louisiana), in my area, there are definitely plenty of FSBOs. I cannot speak for your location, but I will wish you luck in future endeavors.

Have a nice evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.