Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:17 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times

Advertisements

This is crazy. I would treat this as a declaration of war. Next thing you know they will be at your table eating breakfast when you wake up. Apart from the police and DA I would do the following:

1. Get a big dog. The kind you see tied up at a junk yard.
2. Get a firearm. Who knows what these crazies will do next.
3. If you can't do one and two, look in to a private security guard.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:01 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Barbed wire might be illegal, but what they are doing is even more illegal. Besides, who is to know? Put the barbed wire up on the inside of your fence.

Sorry...crazy cops or no, anyone on my side of the fence is target practice in my book. There is NO reason for anyone to cross into my back yard (not front yard, fenced in back yard) at night besides nefarious purposes and/or to harm me.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:24 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
I hope you own a firearm of some kind. If they are already this brazen, what is to stop them from just waltzing into your house?

Old 10-24-2011, 09:28 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,375 times
Hand held spotlight to shine at them from a safe distance away.

Set up cheap sprinklers around where they usually go and then turn them on when they are settling in for the evening.

Why is barbed wire illegal? On your own fence? Do they hop the fence in the same place? How about digging some holes around your yard? A broken ankle will put a damper on the poolside gathering.

Get some pepper spray to defend yourself in your own home.

Call the police OFTEN. Everynight. Many times a night. They will get tired of you calling and tell the neighbors to stay away just to get rid of you calling. How about a restraining order against these people? Obviously, you feel threatened. Then the police HAVE to do something when they come into your yard.

No trespassing signs. You have to tell them that they can't come on your property. Take photos of these because they will get ripped down the first night they are up.

Take photos. Tons of photos. Use a bright flash that makes the neighbors easy to identify.

Call your homeowners insurance and explain the situation to them. Odds are good that these people will try to file a claim against you if they get hurt, so you need to beat them to the punch by talking to your insurance company.

Basically, your job is to make their leisure time around your pool as unpleasant as possible. Your other job is to harrass the police until they do something just to shut you up. Go up the ladder at the police department - everyone has someone else that they have to answer to. Find that next person up the ladder to bring your issue to.

Stay within the law, but do everything you can to make your yard an unpleasant place for them.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:29 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times
Do they always jump over in the same area? If so I would start a "building project" and leave a few 2 X 4's filled with nails right where they land. Stop by an outdoor store and get the BIG can of pepper spray made for bears, you can hose a big group and still have some left over.

Fence chargers are cheap, hook up a few of the chairs by the pool, no need to do your whole fence (even though it would be rather low-cost to do so. Single stand of wire around the fence wouldn't be too cost prohibitive.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
They hate my guts and want me to move. I have told them to not enter my property and they do it anyway and just stay. There is nothing to miss. I told you it seems unbelievable and trust me I am living the nightmare. Now their friends are here too. It is more than creepy.
Film them with a video camera, document all the trangressions, and sue the living daylights out of them.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 AM

1,757 posts, read 5,137,534 times

+

+

I think would work swimmingly.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:28 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
You got no tresspassing signs up and such?
go buy a tazer .. and yes they are legal to own and use in your state .. walk out there & taze one of the offenders they are trespassing and you are not required to play nice ..
TASER® Stun Gun Laws
I sure do have a no trespassing sign up. When there are more of them than me, I just am too afraid to go out there and take anything on like that.

It's up to the police to deal with this. If they can't, then I really need to scram. (I finally see the logic in owning something like an AK-47 although I don't really know what one is exactly.)

Old 10-24-2011, 11:30 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Unless I am misreading AZ self defense laws you can go out and tell them to leave your property and if a few end up dead too bad for them.
Sorry, but you cannot shoot someone in your yard.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:36 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Sorry, but you cannot shoot someone in your yard.
You can if they attack you.

Nobody wants it to come to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals