Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:28 AM

18 posts, read 33,141 times

Advertisements

Hi! My family and I are relocating to Raleigh at the end of the summer. Our NC realtor showed us some houses when we were there at the end of Feb.

There are four houses in four different subdivisions that we like and I was hoping to get some inside scoop on them!

Can you tell me if you know anything (good or bad) about these subdivisions?

--Wyckford
--The Park at Perry Creek
--Castleberry
--Riverside

Are there other subdivisions we should be considering? We have 2 small children so we want something with a pool/playground, etc. We don't want to spend more than $200k.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 12:07 PM

131 posts, read 728,653 times
I'm not sure about the others you listed, but The Park at Perry Creek would be a definite "No" for me. I used to live near that area several years ago and was never impressed with the subdivision. It sits across the road from some very poorly maintained homes, townhomes and duplexes. In fact, that side of Capital Blvd. (the East side) is just plain sketchy to me. Perry Creek road is not a road that I would want to live off of or to invest my money in. If you plan to live near Capital Blvd., I would suggest that you look at homes on the West side of Capital Blvd (off Durant Rd.) or a little further north in the newer subdivisions in Wake Forest. I've lived in Raleigh for over 12 years and have come to understand that certain areas around Capital blvd. are not the best. I'm sure others here might disagree, but this is just my opinion.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:14 PM

Wow, thanks so much, that's great to know!

Old 04-06-2010, 01:55 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,558,740 times
+1 to Jenaten

Old 04-06-2010, 01:58 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,068,731 times
I don't know if you all picked that particular area for a reason, but there are lots of options for housing in your price range.....from north raleigh to wake forest there are probably over 100 houses! It probably depends on what you want, new house, older house, trees, etc.

I would make a list of the things that are most important to you and go from there. Definitely take a look at north raleigh, close to durant. Wake Forest (where I live) is a great town as well.

Leigh

Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
I don't know if you all picked that particular area for a reason, but there are lots of options for housing in your price range.....from north raleigh to wake forest there are probably over 100 houses! It probably depends on what you want, new house, older house, trees, etc.

I would make a list of the things that are most important to you and go from there. Definitely take a look at north raleigh, close to durant. Wake Forest (where I live) is a great town as well.

Leigh
We actually didn't pick - we were just going off of some things that our realtor pulled for us. I'd definitely like to be in the North Raleigh area - even Wake Forest. I just have no idea of subdivisions, areas to look in that price range, etc.

Most important thing is to be close to good schools - I have a 4 yr old and a baby. Next would be community (would like a family friendly vibe, playground, pool, etc). I tend to like newer places as well.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,068,731 times
In wake forest I would say:

Olde Mill Stream
Deacon's Ridge
Tyler Run
Edgeford Park
check into the historic district in town
Austin Creek
bowling green (they have some houses that are listed at 209, which may work)

Good luck

leigh

Old 04-06-2010, 03:03 PM

Fantastic - thank you so much!!

Old 04-06-2010, 03:41 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,377,917 times
I would look into some of the places Leigh mentioned. I looked at some of the neighborhoods the OP mentioned, but in the end I wasn't over the moon about the area around Perry Creek Road. My biggest problem is all the traffic in and around the intersection at Capital. I would favor locations West of Capital so you aren't forced to deal with that road every day.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:41 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,353,387 times
I was recently showing homes in The Park At Perry Creek and Riverside and I have nothing but good things to say about those two neighborhoods. No, I do not have a listing in either!

The duplexes on Perry Creek had gone downhill due to so many of them being rentals but I have noticed that they are being fixed up. The entire area looks better since the North Raleigh Christian School has moved in but that is my perception of the area. I haven't checked crime stats or anything like that.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary