Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:15 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,251,332 times

Advertisements

Wyckford is a major problem area. PM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 07:18 AM

14 posts, read 35,594 times
To the OP…I live close to the Park at Perry Creek (specifically off of Wildwood Forest Drive) and I personally have not had problems in my particular neighborhood in the 3 years I’ve lived there. There are several subdivisions off of Wildwood Forest Drive that have nice homes and it is a diverse community. My child goes to Wildwood Forest Elementary (traditional calendar school) and it is a very good school IMO. I have to agree that the intersection at Perry Creek Rd./Capital Blvd. can be a nightmare in the early morning and early evenings during the weekdays. I usually take Thornton Rd. to Capital Blvd. to avoid the congestion on Perry Creek, however; Perry Creek Rd. is under construction and is supposed to widen to 2 lanes in each direction. I would not rule out this area completely but maybe consider the homes off of Wildwood Forest Drive and Thornton Rd. as well.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,293,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVA2NC View Post
To the OP…I live close to the Park at Perry Creek (specifically off of Wildwood Forest Drive) and I personally have not had problems in my particular neighborhood in the 3 years I’ve lived there. There are several subdivisions off of Wildwood Forest Drive that have nice homes and it is a diverse community. My child goes to Wildwood Forest Elementary (traditional calendar school) and it is a very good school IMO. I have to agree that the intersection at Perry Creek Rd./Capital Blvd. can be a nightmare in the early morning and early evenings during the weekdays. I usually take Thornton Rd. to Capital Blvd. to avoid the congestion on Perry Creek, however; Perry Creek Rd. is under construction and is supposed to widen to 2 lanes in each direction. I would not rule out this area completely but maybe consider the homes off of Wildwood Forest Drive and Thornton Rd. as well.
I'm happy to hear this as I was showing homes in the same area, yesterday. After reading what others had posted, I looked very carefully at the surroundings to see if I felt any of the negative reactions that some of the other posters had felt. I did not. The Park at Perry Creek looks like a very nice n'hood. The people that were out walking, waved. We even spoke with a couple of the neighbors about the area and the school and got very good remarks. I'm happy to say that my client is considering a home that is priced in the $170s and looks to be a very good value, considering the size of the home and the lot.

Thanks to this poster for giving us first hand experience!

Vicki

Old 04-08-2010, 08:46 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,871,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenaten View Post
I'm not sure about the others you listed, but The Park at Perry Creek would be a definite "No" for me. I used to live near that area several years ago and was never impressed with the subdivision. It sits across the road from some very poorly maintained homes, townhomes and duplexes. In fact, that side of Capital Blvd. (the East side) is just plain sketchy to me. Perry Creek road is not a road that I would want to live off of or to invest my money in. If you plan to live near Capital Blvd., I would suggest that you look at homes on the West side of Capital Blvd (off Durant Rd.) or a little further north in the newer subdivisions in Wake Forest. I've lived in Raleigh for over 12 years and have come to understand that certain areas around Capital blvd. are not the best. I'm sure others here might disagree, but this is just my opinion.
I'd definitely agree. East of Capital, starting ON Capital, gets "sketchy" pretty quick. The part west of Capital that might be worrisome (I'm no familiar with all of the places you mentioned) is the Green Rd area behind the Sam's Club/Target, but generally Capital is a pretty good "dividing line".

Old 01-14-2011, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,791 times
I'm concerned about the 350-3 story apts and 100 townhomes that will be built on thornton rd, past the intersection of Perry Creek road. The lawyers say it is already a 4 lane rd and it is not; even if there are no clear dividers. Also in order for this extra traffic to go out to capital blvd, capital needs to turn into 4 lanes on both sides to support all these extra people. I',m sure Wildwood Forest does not want all of us cutting thru to go that way to Capital!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary