Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:52 AM

133 posts, read 710,973 times

Advertisements

Another SD that we visited in Durham. Price range is in the high 300's to 500K. I guess its kinda W/SW of Downtown Durham? It's just down the street from Croasdaile Farms and Golf Club. Nice area. And the lady at the sales office said that the nearby elementary school, which is within walking distance, is one of the better ones in Durham. The SD itself is surrounded by older homes, some of which are 1-story, red-brick, ranch-style homes.

Beautiful entry into the SD:

Here's some pics of the homes. Slight differences in designs. Less stone features, used mainly to accent the look of the house. Pretty nice.

The lots are decent size, around 1/4 to more than 1/3 acres. You can see the space in the backyard and between homes.

Here's a shot of one of the homes w/ a full basement. We saw several in this SD w/ this option. Those of you looking for basements, they are available, just not a standard thing. Walk-up attics are definitely more common. It all depends on the lot and options/features that the builders are willing to consider.

At one end of the SD is a semi-private entry into the Eno River State Park.

Here's a shot of the homes from one end of the street. I LOVE that deer-crossing sign! Kinda made me chuckle when I saw it.

Overall, the homes were very beautiful inside and out. The level of details on the designs were tremendous. Exterior designs and features were different enough that it didn't have that bland, cookie-cutter look. Floorplans were different, and generally had lots of open space that flowed really well. This one's kinda up there in our list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 06:11 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,388 times
Your pictures came out great. That is a great location. Thanks for posting them. Remember I want one of scarves ;-)

Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 AM

306 posts, read 1,306,450 times
The pale green house is lovely. Rounded bay windows remind me of the house I grew up in (1930s semi). I like how the garages are not facing the street (not a fan of snout-nosed designs). I am not in the market for a new home but it is interesting to see the current housing design trends. Thanks for posting.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Nice Pictures Hi2nc! I really love the look of those homes!

Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 PM

13 posts, read 124,846 times
Default To: Hi2NC, With Question

Loved your pictures; thanks so much for posting them. I can hardly wait to make our first trip out there to see the homes that are available. Tentatively planned for mid-summer.

I tried to google River's Edge subdivision to get their website and couldn't find anything about the subdivision. Do you have an exact web address so we can see floor plans and pricing?

Old 04-26-2007, 10:07 PM

8 posts, read 40,215 times
Default wow

wow! I wish someone would post pictures of Cary sd for me! That is a beautiful sd ... I loved that it was surrounded by trees!
Why are basements NOY standard in NC? I must have a basement!

Old 04-29-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpea View Post
The pale green house is lovely. Rounded bay windows remind me of the house I grew up in (1930s semi). I like how the garages are not facing the street (not a fan of snout-nosed designs). I am not in the market for a new home but it is interesting to see the current housing design trends. Thanks for posting.
I like that house too. Very cute. Certainly has a different look from the others in the neighborhood. The roofline is nice, and definitely agree about the positioning of the garage door.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:47 PM

770 posts, read 3,680,626 times
Nice pics...do they have large yards?

Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
Nice pics...do they have large yards?
Pretty good sized lots for my taste. They list the homesites on their brochures as having 10,000 - 20,0000 sf. I think that translates to approximately 1/4 to nearly 1/2 acre.
They have 4 builders onsite w/ varying floorplans. And I think you can also purchase just the homesite, bring your own plans and work w/ one of the builders. So I think the neighborhood should look pretty nice w/ the diversity in house designs.
Small SD though...only 49 homesites, which many are already built on. Don't know how many are sold. Maybe they'll open up another phase...

Old 06-05-2007, 08:33 PM

185 posts, read 992,208 times
love these photos.

deer crossing. made you chuckle? does that mean deer are not common in NC? I'm originally from Pennsylvania where they are a serious road hazard at times!

All these photos have garages that you have to turn to get into. To those of you from NC, I'm sure you think nothing of that. But my first reaction at the photo was pretty but dangerous. then I remembered, snow and ice are not a threat to Nc. Here in NY state, I'm soo happy that I can drive straight in and out of my garage (my neighbor turns out of hers and has hit our tree many times while sliding on ice when turning while backing out of her garage - I won't comment further on her driving lol)

I love the look of these houses. I'd love to have one of those beautiful porches. covered porches are a rarity, where I am now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary