Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 05:40 PM

451 posts, read 1,657,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by czz7661 View Post
A word of advice ... complain.. next time you're at dinner and this occurs mention to your server that the restaurants inability to maintain peace in the restaurant has ruined your meal and it will be reflected in tip
Have you ever done this? If not, I would wait until after your food arrives, otherwise you get your meal with a little something extra in it, if you know what I mean. And any one that's ever worked in the restaurant biz knows what I mean. Aaahhh, I remember those days fondly. I hope no one here ever ate at Peppers. If so, I'll apologize for myself and co-workers now.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:01 PM

850 posts, read 4,753,078 times
Good grief, is it really necessary to pick apart every single thing I say? Geesh. I'm sure you have much better things to do with your time, as do I, which is why I'm done with this topic. Nothing's going to change here, everyone has their opinions and I respect that. I don't necessarily agree with them, but I respect your rights to have them. Can we all just leave this alone now???? It's going NOWHERE!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,700,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytarheelz View Post
Good grief, is it really necessary to pick apart every single thing I say? Geesh. I'm sure you have much better things to do with your time, as do I, which is why I'm done with this topic. Nothing's going to change here, everyone has their opinions and I respect that. I don't necessarily agree with them, but I respect your rights to have them. Can we all just leave this alone now???? It's going NOWHERE!
basically your saying your respect everyone opinion except the original poster in his own thread.
seems contradictory.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
basically your saying your respect everyone opinion except the original poster in his own thread.
seems contradictory.
How do you figure? I said I respect their rights to have them, not that I respect their opinions themselves. There's a difference. I disagree with the original poster, but he's certainly entitled to his opinion and he, along with everyone, is certainly welcome to have them and post as much as they want. Whatever. I was just trying to peacefully end this discussion. I would think as a moderator you would be appreciative of that, not try to stir more things up and "roll your eyes" at me.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
How do you figure? I said I respect their rights to have them, not that I respect their opinions themselves. There's a difference. I disagree with the original poster, but he's certainly entitled to his opinion and he, along with everyone, is certainly welcome to have them and post as much as they want. Whatever. I was just trying to peacefully end this discussion. I would think as a moderator you would be appreciative of that, not try to stir more things up and "roll your eyes" at me.
exactly

Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 PM

10,731 posts, read 22,917,577 times
Quote:
In other words, now that you've lost the argument, you want to change the subject.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 PM

Um, no, I don't think I've lost any argument. It's quite obvious that opinions on this matter are split, so there are no "winners" or "losers." What I'm trying to do is be the bigger person and stop beating a dead horse. No one is changing anyone's mind here, so why keep it going?

Old 12-17-2008, 07:58 PM

43,552 posts, read 77,643,165 times
Quote:
Um, no, I don't think I've lost any argument. It's quite obvious that opinions on this matter are split, so there are no "winners" or "losers." What I'm trying to do is be the bigger person and stop beating a dead horse. No one is changing anyone's mind here, so why keep it going?
Here's a proven strategy:

Walk away.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
In other words, now that you've lost the argument, you want to change the subject.
exactly it's bill opinion that there needs to be control of kids in adult type restaurants (restaurants that serve alcohol)

Quote:
It not a dead horse if it still kicking

Everyone can share what they feel in this forum without having some member to think they can dictate what someone posts to stop posting about a issue they fee that l is an issue in the triangle area.
The op imo wish restaurants would take better stance folks with children perhaps give them the old smoking sections that restaurants use to or still have.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:23 PM

32 posts, read 96,607 times
Quote:
Sweetie, just let it go.
Some people, ESPECIALLY on the internet, are very comfy in their ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary