Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:22 AM

43,401 posts, read 77,339,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortel View Post
You clearly have way too much time on your hands.
Less than nine minutes dedicated to altruistic service to humanity doesn't exactly make me Mother Teresa, but it isn't exactly an eternity either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 07:41 AM

4,289 posts, read 5,956,401 times
Default US-23 and Lee Rd in Brighton, MI....

This interchange serves two Shopping Centers that flank each side of the US-23 expressway in Brighton, MI. This interchange has three traffic circles to accomodate the entrance ramps, exit ramps, and the two service drives which parallel both the east and west side of the expressway where they all intersect with Lee Road.

The shopping centers also have Traffic Circles within their parking lots, making a total of seven traffic circles in less than a half-mile distance!

This nightmare has been covered by Car & Driver magazine, and there is a You Tube video which takes the viewer on a trip thru the congested confusion. A para-phrase from Car & Driver: "The quantity of tire marks within these traffic circles from panic braking of shoppers, rivals those found in the landing zones of JFK airport runways"

Not only are the local folks unaccustomed to traffic circles, but the solution was the installation of so many large arrow roadway directional signs that drivers can no longer view traffic. The signs comletely block all sight lines!

Certainly keeps the local automotive body shops busy.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:04 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,287,333 times
Silly people! If you can't seem to navigate the shopping center, go somewhere else! Have you thought about THAT? Shop online! Ask your wife or girlfriend to help you!

Leave the shopping to those of us that are up for the challenge!!!

Speaking of shopping...I don't remember who gave out the website for wow coupons but I am using it constantly! For those of you new to the forum, it is wow-coupons. I'm not a big coupon fan. Seems to take up too much of my time to save 25 cents but this is retail shopping and I'm very happy to save $5 or $10 or 20% off! I just printed a bunch of coupons and am heading out shortly to help the economy!

Vicki

Old 12-15-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Silly people! If you can't seem to navigate the shopping center, go somewhere else! Have you thought about THAT? Shop online! Ask your wife or girlfriend to help you!

Leave the shopping to those of us that are up for the challenge!!!

Speaking of shopping...I don't remember who gave out the website for wow coupons but I am using it constantly! For those of you new to the forum, it is wow-coupons. I'm not a big coupon fan. Seems to take up too much of my time to save 25 cents but this is retail shopping and I'm very happy to save $5 or $10 or 20% off! I just printed a bunch of coupons and am heading out shortly to help the economy!

Vicki
YA GOTTA LOVE IT!

Kinda like, "When I want to go to Best Buy, I find a way to go to Best Buy?"

Old 12-15-2008, 08:21 AM

225 posts, read 955,040 times
[quote=MI-Roger;6566166]This interchange serves two Shopping Centers that flank each side of the US-23 expressway in Brighton, MI. This interchange has three traffic circles to accomodate the entrance ramps, exit ramps, and the two service drives which parallel both the east and west side of the expressway where they all intersect with Lee Road.

MI-roger....orginally from that area & back visiting last June....my sister & I got such a good laugh when I exited off US-23 south to go to Costco & went around the largest "round-a-bout" (or what ever you call it)---making sure not to hit cars coming all directions & ended up right back onto US-23 south!!

Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 AM

376 posts, read 1,064,184 times
Crossroads, without question -- even if you are able to navigate it just fine -- has a poorly designed road network. It's my local mall and I'm there a lot. I found it confusing at first but have no problem with it now. But everyone, and I mean everyone, I know concludes that it's a poorly designed place re the traffic flow.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvinegal View Post
Crossroads, without question -- even if you are able to navigate it just fine -- has a poorly designed road network. It's my local mall and I'm there a lot. I found it confusing at first but have no problem with it now. But everyone, and I mean everyone, I know concludes that it's a poorly designed place re the traffic flow.
Well, you know, if more people would just pull into the intersections to make their left turns........

Old 12-15-2008, 08:54 AM

920 posts, read 2,816,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
took the Crossroads Plaza Victory Tour
Cute. Did you play the Olympics theme song as you did this?

Old 12-15-2008, 09:26 AM

376 posts, read 1,064,184 times
Default Good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Well, you know, if more people would just pull into the intersections to make their left turns........
You know, it would certainly help!!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:33 AM

355 posts, read 959,277 times
Why do developers always have to build looping, meandering roads everywhere? Why not build things in grids? If Crossroads was built in a grid with a few parking garages, it would use far less land, make traffic flows much simpler and enable people to hit multiple stores on foot rather than having to hop back in the car for each store. Not too mention it would look a lot better than a sea of parking lots. It's as if developers try to gobble up as much land as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary