Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 02:36 PM

237 posts, read 757,314 times

Advertisements

Before I start this, please don't shoot the messenger. We have just learned that there is a planned gunshop called Carolina Gunrunners coming to Falls River next to Marco's Pizza. There are openings in the plaza and I find it curious that Vanguard leasing chose a gunshop as the most appropriate thing to fill a space. There is a website for them but no phone number as of yet.
As I said please don't shoot the messenger. This is simply an informational post. Since we are in such close proximity to Durant Road Middle School, some people might want to be aware of what is coming. We have been told that they hope to be in by the 1st of Feb. The owner is stating that he is looking at it as more of a hunting shop. They will of course carry guns and offer safety courses and their website states that this will all be done in a family friendly atmosphere. I guess that point is lost on me. I don't see family friendly relating to guns. They also might have chosen a different name. The banner on the store shows someone shooting a rifle.
Anyway, has anyone else heard any more?

Old 01-06-2012, 03:32 PM

725 posts, read 1,501,340 times
Well Davi's was one of the bigger gun stores in the North Raleigh area but they went out of business so it looks like they are filling a need in the area.

Target shooting is very family friendly. You should consider joining the Wake County public range. Plenty of families there on the weekend.

As for the banner, isn't that the most appropriate thing to do with a rifle?

Old 01-06-2012, 04:07 PM

2 posts, read 8,082 times
Thanks for posting this info. It is good that a small gun store is opening in the area. Won't have to deal with the national chains like the WalMart in Wake Forest or Dick's Sporting Goods down at Triangle Town Center for guns and ammo anymore.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,100,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjjbtb View Post
Before I start this, please don't shoot the messenger. We have just learned that there is a planned gunshop called Carolina Gunrunners coming to Falls River next to Marco's Pizza. There are openings in the plaza and I find it curious that Vanguard leasing chose a gunshop as the most appropriate thing to fill a space. There is a website for them but no phone number as of yet.
As I said please don't shoot the messenger. This is simply an informational post. Since we are in such close proximity to Durant Road Middle School, some people might want to be aware of what is coming. We have been told that they hope to be in by the 1st of Feb. The owner is stating that he is looking at it as more of a hunting shop. They will of course carry guns and offer safety courses and their website states that this will all be done in a family friendly atmosphere. I guess that point is lost on me. I don't see family friendly relating to guns. They also might have chosen a different name. The banner on the store shows someone shooting a rifle.
Anyway, has anyone else heard any more?
You do know you're in North Carolina, right?

I don't think anyone will be shooting any messenger.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:11 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,583,386 times
Quote:
Since we are in such close proximity to Durant Road Middle School, some people might want to be aware of what is coming.
To me this implies people who purchase a firearm at a gun store immediately go outside and start shooting. If you don't want people to "shoot the messenger" why would you add such enticing comments?

Quote:
There are openings in the plaza and I find it curious that Vanguard leasing chose a gunshop as the most appropriate thing to fill a space.
Like you said, there are openings in the shopping center. vacancies = no profit. I doubt the leasing company is being very selective on possible tenants.

Quote:
I don't see family friendly relating to guns.
Just because you can't see it doesn't mean guns can't be a family-friendly event. My 5yo daughter loves to target shoot with me and her .22 rifle.

Besides, I would think as many home-invasion intruders have been blasted recently a gun shop would do great.
It would be a great location for one as well especially since if I were a thief the homes in Falls River and Bedford would be easy targets. I bet at least 25% of them have an unlocked door or window and over 50% of the cars are unlocked.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:21 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,934 times
Quote:
Since we are in such close proximity to Durant Road Middle School, some people might want to be aware of what is coming.
What does that have to do with anything? Seriously, take a chill pill.

Quote:
I guess that point is lost on me. I don't see family friendly relating to guns.
Everyone has an opinion.

Last edited by netbrad; 01-07-2012 at 01:30 PM..

Old 01-07-2012, 03:01 PM

58 posts, read 231,537 times
I have a 9 year old that loves shooting her dad's ruger. Shooting is a great pastime for family, and every week she asks me when we are going back to the range... OP, you know you are in North Carolina right? If you find guns intimidating, please pm me, would be happy to win you over to the "dark side" next time we go to the range. I promise you you'll have a blast.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:10 PM

37 posts, read 42,800 times
Excellent. Another option to buy from a local shop up that way is always a winner.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:30 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,460,264 times
I heard from a doctor who carried a hand gun, we were talking at a range, that concealed carriers have a lower incidence of unlawful discharge than law enforcement. (Legal) gun owners tend to be very careful and respectful of their firearms.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 AM

843 posts, read 2,101,313 times
A candy shop would be more dangerous than a gun shop being close to a school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary