Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 04:54 PM

48 posts, read 244,021 times

Advertisements

I know Durham would probably be the most open. My partner and I are moving to the Triangle and looking for a place. We don't exactly walk down the street skipping and holding hands. But we are open about our relationship. We are 2 males, mid thirties, educated. Just want a couple opinions. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 05:29 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,402,872 times
Nobody will care if you are gay or straight. It's not an issue.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:42 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,198,265 times
Chapel Hill might be more interesting to you.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:46 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,325,485 times
Your orientation will not be an issue. If you want to be close to work in RTP Cary is a nice choice.

Good LucK!

Old 10-30-2008, 05:49 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,273,688 times
I don't think it's an issue anywhere in the Triangle.

Cary will, however, bore you out of your mind. I'd look into downtown Durham, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Cameron Village area of Raleigh, parts of North Raleigh. But again, those are personal preferences.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
Cary will, however, bore you out of your mind.

And how can one come to this assumption for someone else? Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill & Carrboro bore me for the most part. Cary does not. I think different people look for different things in a town.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:28 PM

584 posts, read 2,426,115 times
See, I think it is an issue and don't like the assumption that this is an acceptable and tolerable behavior. If people can post that "it's not an issue" then I hope to have the same freedom here to disagree with these statements without getting censored.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:34 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,273,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawburg View Post
See, I think it is an issue and don't like the assumption that this is an acceptable and tolerable behavior. If people can post that "it's not an issue" then I hope to have the same freedom here to disagree with these statements without getting censored.
I think you coming up with examples of how or where it would be an issue would be most welcomed here. In my limited experience in the Triangle, I simply have not come to across any place or anyone who is gay unfriendly. By all means share if there are such places, as that would be very helpful to the OP. Nobody's going to censor you.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,603,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
And how can one come to this assumption for someone else? Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill & Carrboro bore me for the most part. Cary does not. I think different people look for different things in a town.
the terms of service states that anyone can post their opinion and it highly subjective anyways back to topic.
There is no gay marriages allowed some employers insurance companies will not give you any partner rights unless you are married to the opposite sex so it is somewhat a issue. You might have neighbors who do not care but it still frown upon public affection

Old 10-30-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
the terms of service states that anyone can post their opinion and it highly subjective

I think you misunderstand my question. I was asking how the assumption can be made that the OP will be bored in a town he was asking about, when the OP never mentioned what he likes or dislikes. I was just curious, as that was quite a jump to conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary