Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
If you're gay and want to come be my neighbor, fine. Again, you won;t have any problems with me. As long as you do not force it on me or my family, just like I would not force my heterosexual lifestyle on you. BUT, it does not always work out that way. Unfortunately. The in your face thing has gained popularity these days. No, I'm not talking about two guys holding hands, I'm talking flamboyant stuff and you all know what I mean. I am tolerant of all types of people. I paid my way through college working in a VERY liberal eatery, run by very nice gay people. I got along just fine and would also if you lived next door.
Again, there was nothing in the orginal post that would suggest putting a qualifier on this post is even necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 01:12 PM

16 posts, read 72,183 times
Cary is only friendly if: you have 2-4 kids, have one stay at home parent, and have a family income of at least 200,000/year. Sexual orientation probably doesn't make a bit of difference.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:48 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,779,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Again, there was nothing in the orginal post that would suggest putting a qualifier on this post is even necessary.
With the utmost due respect, rnc2mbfl, the op solicited only a couple of general opinions. CarolinaCowboy has offered such and I do believe that it is important that we hear about people's opinions from all colors of the spectrum, whether we personally support the same views or not.

Personally, a qualifier was justified here and an opinion worth noting. When it comes to homosexuality, we all have varying degrees of comfort level. When it comes to any sexuality, for that matter, you'll find just as many, if not more, levels of comfort as well.

I have valued CarolinaCowboy's opinion in this thread as much as anyone else's and hope that the thread continues to attract various responses from all sides and without fear of attack (not saying that you are attacking anyone, rnc2mbfl).

Old 11-04-2008, 01:53 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouthSoccer View Post
Cary is only friendly if: you have 2-4 kids, have one stay at home parent, and have a family income of at least 200,000/year. Sexual orientation probably doesn't make a bit of difference.
Um, considering median income is around $100k, that would make Cary pretty unfriendly which certainly wasn't my experience. In fact my daughter went to preschool in downtown Cary with a pretty wide socio-economic demographic of children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary