Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 02:43 PM

32 posts, read 138,683 times

Advertisements

I've lived off Capital Boulevard and Perry Creek for over 5 years. We are in the city limits and this is suburbia but we are densely populated so incidents will occur from time to time. It is very safe considering all the people and business and shopping... Raleigh is not Mayberry. It is a small city but the crime rate here is less than many other markets of similar size. he only way way you may get safe nowadays is living at Disney World.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 03:51 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh Parent View Post
I've lived off Capital Boulevard and Perry Creek for over 5 years. We are in the city limits and this is suburbia but we are densely populated so incidents will occur from time to time. It is very safe considering all the people and business and shopping... Raleigh is not Mayberry. It is a small city but the crime rate here is less than many other markets of similar size. he only way way you may get safe nowadays is living at Disney World.
I saw a case on Court TV recently where a patron at Disney was knocked around a lot by another patron over a line jumping dispute. The aggressor was chaperoning a church group.

So, not even safe at The Mouse.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:21 PM

316 posts, read 1,006,734 times
Sounds like the Manager died. My sympathies to his family.

They also have a suspect who is currently on the run.

Raleigh, N.C. — Police are looking for a suspect in a fatal shooting at a Wakefield Commons movie theater in north Raleigh.

Suspect sought in Raleigh cinema shooting :: WRAL.com

Old 10-25-2008, 06:49 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,759 times
How frustratingly sad! If the guy in question along with the other two are found guilty, again, I hope they receive the maximum punishment the law can impose (and more so when they are released into the prison population).

Btw, what roles did the teens have who were charged and what kind of oddity is it the a forty year old Bimbo was allegedly hanging out in cahoots with them (or them with him)?

Old 10-25-2008, 07:05 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,666 times
Bimbo was one of the teens step dad!!!! Now you tell me....what kind of parent would involve their child in something like this! I hope to god that this worthless piece of you know what (when caught) exonerates his son! This kid was a good kid and I can't see how he would do something like this unless he felt threatened by his step dad! I'm also shocked that the other kid was charged as well...since he seemed to be a good kid too! I'm in a state of shock right now because I would NEVER have thought these two kids would be involved in something like this! If they did act willingly...then I am even more shocked!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:11 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,085 times
I just don't get these cases. They make me sick. Why did he have to shoot the manager? What is the point? He would have given him the $.

We had a case a while back where a robber on foot stuck a gun through the drive though window at a Taco Bell. A young girl working her first job quickly gathered the cash and placed it into a bag, then gave it to the robber, who then shot her point blank in the face killing her. WHY? these types of cases make no sense but they are becoming all to common. No more simply robberies, as they are killing everyone too. We had one about a month ago at a mom and pop store. The owner gave them all his cash and they gunned him down as they left.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:56 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Bimbo was one of the teens step dad!!!! Now you tell me....what kind of parent would involve their child in something like this! I hope to god that this worthless piece of you know what (when caught) exonerates his son! This kid was a good kid and I can't see how he would do something like this unless he felt threatened by his step dad! I'm also shocked that the other kid was charged as well...since he seemed to be a good kid too! I'm in a state of shock right now because I would NEVER have thought these two kids would be involved in something like this! If they did act willingly...then I am even more shocked!
I am shocked too. If they committed this act willingly, I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If they did it under duress by the older alleged criminal, I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

My point being is that the two younger people are adults. And, as adults, they are considered capable responsible citizens. If these two are found guilty, then they are equally guilty of killing this innocent manager who did nothing wrong. Even under duress, these two adults could have done something to thwart the murder of an innocent victim (as well as the terrorizing of other victims there at the theater).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I just don't get these cases. They make me sick. Why did he have to shoot the manager? What is the point? He would have given him the $.

We had a case a while back where a robber on foot stuck a gun through the drive though window at a Taco Bell. A young girl working her first job quickly gathered the cash and placed it into a bag, then gave it to the robber, who then shot her point blank in the face killing her. WHY? these types of cases make no sense but they are becoming all to common. No more simply robberies, as they are killing everyone too. We had one about a month ago at a mom and pop store. The owner gave them all his cash and they gunned him down as they left.
These thugs just want to get away. No witnesses, a better chance of getting away. No sense. No how. But ultimately, we seem to have a lot degenerate criminals in our system today who 'think' they can get away with murder. Unfortunately, even if they get caught and prosecuted, they sort of got away with it anyway since someone innocent dies in the process. It's a shame. And we should not sit lightly with this. Not at all. No excuses. No slap on the wrists.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:11 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,887 times
Default reply

Good points Cowboy and Caliboy. We have thug criminals of ALL races that have no regard for human life. They are sociopaths. I say we bring back the chain gang. If they had to dig an 8 foot hole and fill it back up EVERYDAY for life then they may think twice before going thug. If not, then at least we know for sure that everyday will be hell for them. Prisons should have no TV's, no AC, no hoops or weights and no congical(sp?) visits. It should be living hell for violent offenders. Non violent offenders should be educated and rehabilated when possible. We have problem that will only get worse if we don't change things. Thugs having multiple children by multiple baby mommas insures a steady stream of future thugs. That is a fact that all criminologist do not dispute.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:44 PM

25 posts, read 93,403 times
I would think that area would be one of the safest areas around. I just read that the Mananger that was shot has died. How absolutely awful. I hope the police find the person that did this horrible crime.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:04 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
Quote:
This is not the Mini City area....This is a VERY safe area in a higher economic level area. This is why people have been taken aback that it happened there. Have you been to this area ever?
Most of the area is a higher economic level. But I wonder if these thugs live or know someone who does live in the new apartment complex that is almost behind the theater? This new complex is actually located next to Jellybeans and is called Wakefield Hills. This new complex is 100% section 8 gov't assisted housing. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being a person who lives there but section 8 housing does bring crime. I know a guy who used to do maintenance there. He's no longer employed there because he got tired of cleaning the gang graffiti off the walls and having gang members threaten him for doing so. He said it's actually a really rough area now. He didn't get fired from there but chose to resign because he didn't feel like it was safe to even work there. I called the office out of curiousity to find out how much it was to live there and how to fill out an application and was told I couldn't even fill out an application unless I showed proof of gov't assistance first. I wonder how that's not discrimination?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary