Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 12:35 PM

518 posts, read 1,053,188 times

Advertisements

Soliciting is prohibited in most neighborhoods and signs are usually posted. I know in all apt. complexes here this is the case. I cant stand these people. I would never buy anything from a solicitor. I even got an attitude from some guy once when I told him there was no soliciting at the complex. I wanted to call the police right then. I think this was a weekend no less.

Nowdays we get the occassional church people or political supporters. Its still annoying, but I politely tell them no or toss their crap in the recycle bin.

I also don't care for people leaving crap on my mailbox, doorknob or windsheild wiper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 01:44 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,170,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisertime View Post
Soliciting is prohibited in most neighborhoods and signs are usually posted. I know in all apt. complexes here this is the case. I cant stand these people. I would never buy anything from a solicitor. I even got an attitude from some guy once when I told him there was no soliciting at the complex. I wanted to call the police right then. I think this was a weekend no less.

Nowdays we get the occassional church people or political supporters. Its still annoying, but I politely tell them no or toss their crap in the recycle bin.

I also don't care for people leaving crap on my mailbox, doorknob or windsheild wiper.
I'm with you on that.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:00 PM

18,105 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Is it any coincidence that no solicitors bother my friends who have the 220 lb great dane hanging out at their front door? His bark alone reverberates through your spine.

(but he's a lovely big marshmallow...just doesn't look the part)

Old 02-22-2009, 03:25 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,036,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Is it any coincidence that no solicitors bother my friends who have the 220 lb great dane hanging out at their front door? His bark alone reverberates through your spine.

(but he's a lovely big marshmallow...just doesn't look the part)
We had a 160 pound dane and I loved it when people would knock on our door.....He would BARK and I would "struggle" to hold him back when I opened the door. At that point people were already backing down my steps. I loved it!

Leigh

Old 11-03-2009, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
This person sent me a DM warning me about naming names. Well, I'm naming names because THAT IS WHO CAME TO MY DOOR AND DID NOT ACT IN A CIVIL MANOR!

I'm sorry, but door to door soliciting is out these days. We have had numerous incidents in the Cary area involving this sort of activity. Legitimate or not, a large adult male pounding on people's door asking for a handout, no matter what the premise is, is WRONG! Does the term "get a job ring a bell." If they come by my home again, I assure you there WILL be a problem! Legitimate or not! People are fed up with this sort of activity. Who wants people pounding on their door on weekly basis?

They do not respect "no soliciting neighborhhods or door signs either.

The first incident involved a single individual in a piece of crap car whom sped away. He would not leave my front door and porch when my wife opened the door. And in fact, stepped forward towards my wife, intimidating her. A week later some idiot came through our neighborhood and was dropped off alone by a mini-van. He went through here and then sat out on the street for 5 hours by himself as it seemed his "friends" must have forgotten about him. A cop showed up and this individual freaked when he saw the cop pulling over, assuming it was for him and proceeded to hide in the bushes behind my home. Weather these people are related to Mulchi house or not does not matter to me at this point. I don't want beggars coming to my Freakin door! Period! And I honestly could careless about adult males begging for handouts because they had a past criminal and drug problem. Go away and leave me alone is my attitude! I don't want these people coming through my neighborhood and certainly not coming to my door.

Boys scouts and Girls Scouts, fine, come by, but not some drug adict leaving me to decide if they are legitimate or not. Not my problem!

You can tell Mulchi house, we are all sick of it and to stop the damn door to door stuff. I personally think a few of them are going out on their own hoping to make some money, thus using their uniforms and brochure handouts.
Sounds like CarolinaCowboy has more issues going on than JUST someone knocking on your door. Perhaps you should be talking to your wife about answering the door to strangers regardless of who they are and what they are driving. Perhaps you all would have felt safer had the person shown up in a Benz or other luxury vehicle. That would have been the perfect crime actually because you wouldn't have seen it coming. Bottom line - just be safe and use some common sense. If it continues to be a problem why not just call the police rather than put yourself in danger by opening the door to a stranger.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,992,219 times
Not sure why this thread was dredged up so many months later, but CarolinaCowboy sadly passed away earlier this year.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:35 PM

133 posts, read 587,402 times
We had a group come by at almost 9pm!!! Trying to sell things...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary