Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 01:55 PM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times

Advertisements

"Virtue Signaling."
Common idiom among the intolerant.

Yes, it is also common for the intolerant to slide around, to lurk, to support stuff like this in secrecy.

Awaiting delivery of "woke,"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2022, 02:33 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
While this tit-for-tat back-and-forth is an interesting read, I doubt the OP finds it helpful.

Old 12-24-2022, 02:43 PM

1,326 posts, read 724,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
While this tit-for-tat back-and-forth is an interesting read, I doubt the OP finds it helpful.
They posted this almost a month ago and never returned to the thread, so I think that ship has sailed.

Old 12-24-2022, 03:16 PM

851 posts, read 417,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Like i said before, I do not believe that I or anyone else should have to type or say something in a specific manner just because some people will turn something into something that they damn well know it's not, just for the sake of virtue signaling. I refuse to sit here and say "ok I should use this adjective and this noun instead of this one because someone might want to make an example out of what I said". That's just crazy, as is calling someone a racist when they know exactly what they meant. That word gets used way too freely these days. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, I'm always up for discussing opinions and facts. However I'm not ok with people putting words in my mouth in an attempt to make themselves look holier than thou, and personally attacking me in the process.

Not everyone is telling me the same thing - my reps and DM's always tell a different story. The problem is people are afraid to say anything for this exact reason. In my time here, I know of several that have left completely, or just lurk because of things like this thread. It's sad and unfortunate that some previous posters/regulars don't post because of this. Discussion forums aren't fun or educational when it's a giant echo chamber.

Happy holidays everyone, even those that claim I'm a racist.
You're treading dangerous ground. How long before "All Lives Matter" slips out? "Excellence?" Or worse yet....gulp..."merit". These words seem innocuous enough to most, but to the "trained" eye, they're simply "phrase coding". "Dog whistles" oozing with "racial undertones". How long before you inadvertently blurt out something like "American"? The "anti-racism" Borg have been short-circuited by less.

Last edited by TunedIn; 12-24-2022 at 03:31 PM..

Old 12-24-2022, 06:39 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,583,555 times
I thought the whole point of this forum was to get racist advice that real estate agents aren't able to give cause of the woke laws?

Old 12-24-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
I thought the whole point of this forum was to get racist advice that real estate agents aren't able to give cause of the woke laws?
Now you're gonna set him off again. These are extremely sensitive types.

Old 12-24-2022, 08:02 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,762,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
I'm beginning to understand. It generally prefaces an asinine prejudicial statement. Like "racist hicks" of Johnston County? Relevant to the thread, of course.
What I did there...you ALMOST got it.

Old 12-24-2022, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
What I did there...you ALMOST got it.
And don't call me chief!

Old 12-25-2022, 08:11 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,164,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Like i said before, I do not believe that I or anyone else should have to type or say something in a specific manner just because some people will turn something into something that they damn well know it's not, just for the sake of virtue signaling. I refuse to sit here and say "ok I should use this adjective and this noun instead of this one because someone might want to make an example out of what I said". That's just crazy, as is calling someone a racist when they know exactly what they meant. That word gets used way too freely these days. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, I'm always up for discussing opinions and facts. However I'm not ok with people putting words in my mouth in an attempt to make themselves look holier than thou, and personally attacking me in the process.

Not everyone is telling me the same thing - my reps and DM's always tell a different story. The problem is people are afraid to say anything for this exact reason. In my time here, I know of several that have left completely, or just lurk because of things like this thread. It's sad and unfortunate that some previous posters/regulars don't post because of this. Discussion forums aren't fun or educational when it's a giant echo chamber.

Happy holidays everyone, even those that claim I'm a racist.
It's sad that so many people are now conditioned to look for an "ism" in any scenario, sometimes making accusations with no real basis. Just another sign of the times.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2022, 10:29 AM

This is the way bullies learn. It's the only way bullies EVER learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary