Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 09:36 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,194,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I don't know if this is politically correct to say, but I'm not sure I would seek out Morrisville specifically unless I was Indian and looking to live amongst other Indians.
This is not politically correct, but given the many comments you have made about the Indian community wanting to live among other Indians, are your surprised they would want to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2022, 05:46 PM

5 posts, read 5,941 times
Quote:
I don't know if this is politically correct to say, but I'm not sure I would seek out Morrisville specifically unless I was Indian and looking to live amongst other Indians. Outside of that I agree with the other posts that Morrisville doesn't really have anything special to offer, and has some downfalls especially on the noise front.

That being said, living in Morrisville you're about as close as you can get to RTP, and it's still very convenient to everything else.

Is it safe to assume that you mean Indians from India?

Old 12-21-2022, 07:18 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,315,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasidemel View Post
Is it safe to assume that you mean Indians from India?
Yes correct.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:03 AM

9,157 posts, read 14,823,219 times
LOL, oh don't come to Morrisville because different people live there. OK, racism much? I mean one poster even says its not politically correct but...

And the reality is it is not like it is majority Indian, it just isn't majority white. But hey if you want that move to Johnston county with the other racist hicks.

Oh, and if my new construction home inspection clients are any indication, those darn non-white people have found out that houses are being built in Angier, Willow Spring and Clayton too.

Plane noise is a consideration, but this is not NYC where planes fly directly over houses for miles. On the other hand, when my wife travels for work, she can call me when she lands, I can wait like 5 minutes before leaving and then easily beat her to the baggage claim if I want. Also, having an early flight somewhere is a heck of a lot more palatable when you live 5 minutes from the airport. I can't imagine how much it would suck to drive an hour to be there at 5:30 am.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
LOL, oh don't come to Morrisville because different people live there. OK, racism much? I mean one poster even says its not politically correct but...

And the reality is it is not like it is majority Indian, it just isn't majority white. But hey if you want that move to Johnston county with the other racist hicks.
Nobody said that.

And the “politically correct†statement was tongue in cheek in preparation for posts like yours. You proved the point.

Old 12-23-2022, 08:33 PM

862 posts, read 434,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post

Oh, and if my new construction home inspection clients are any indication, those darn non-white people have found out that houses are being built in Angier, Willow Spring and Clayton too.

Plane noise is a consideration, but this is not NYC where planes fly directly over houses for miles. On the other hand, when my wife travels for work, she can call me when she lands, I can wait like 5 minutes before leaving and then easily beat her to the baggage claim if I want. Also, having an early flight somewhere is a heck of a lot more palatable when you live 5 minutes from the airport. I can't imagine how much it would suck to drive an hour to be there at 5:30 am.
Are the Indians preferring to live among other Indians racist then? The Irish in Charlestown? The Blacks in Mattapan? Jews in Brookline? And let's not get started on Chinatown. Cultural and/or racial diversity is inherently neither good nor bad. Some folks prefer it and some don't. I assume we're still free to choose our own company? That is, I mean, without your "anti-racist" seal of approval.

Last edited by TunedIn; 12-23-2022 at 08:49 PM..

Old 12-23-2022, 08:44 PM

862 posts, read 434,457 times
Simply preferring association with those of cultural familiarity doesn't make one a racist.

Old 12-23-2022, 09:03 PM

43,476 posts, read 77,457,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Simply preferring association with those of cultural familiarity doesn't make one a racist.

Relevant to the thread....
When someone says, "This may not be politically correct...," or similar, they are usually prepping the audience for a statement loaded with racial implications, or some other blatant intolerant utterance.

No one else says "politically correct." It has NO other application.

Old 12-23-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I don't know if this is politically correct to say, but I'm not sure I would seek out Morrisville specifically unless I was Indian and looking to live amongst other Indians. Outside of that I agree with the other posts that Morrisville doesn't really have anything special to offer, and has some downfalls especially on the noise front.

That being said, living in Morrisville you're about as close as you can get to RTP, and it's still very convenient to everything else.
Sigh. I wasn't going to reply because this thread has turned so insane, but let me try to stop the insanity.

My post is quoted above. It's saying that unless your Indian and looking to live with others from the culture you're familiar with, then in my opinion, Morrisville doesn't have a ton to offer. This is my opinion because I think that much of the housing is bland, close together, and similar, there's no town center, there's a lot of airplane noise, etc. I then go on to explain what I think are the positives of Morrisville.

There is not a single thing racist about this, nor does it have any "sotto voce" tones. My "politically correct" statement was (I thought clearly) sarcasm in preparation for exactly what we ended up seeing, people making accusations about racism simply because I mentioned that there is a high population of people that have immigrated from India in that town. Again this isn't racism, this is a simple fact and it's also a fact that some people coming from India may seek to live among others from their home country, which makes Morrisville desirable to some more than others.

I knew exactly where the thread would go when I posted that, and sure enough that's exactly where it went. It's par for the course.

Old 12-24-2022, 04:51 AM

43,476 posts, read 77,457,008 times
When you find yourself in a hole, beat a dead horse.
No..
When you find yourself in a hole, explain the joke.
No...

Dang. I forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary