Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 04:17 PM

129 posts, read 179,157 times

Advertisements

I was just making a general point about class size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 05:38 PM

5 posts, read 10,265 times
Green Hope has block scheduling. 90 mins x 4 blocks per day.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:17 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,712,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durumi View Post
Green Hope has block scheduling. 90 mins x 4 blocks per day.
Most high schools in Wake have block...however, none of the schools that the OP asked about does (At least I don't think Raleigh Charter does)...and I felt that that comment just muddied the waters and was trying to make it seem as though Enloe has huge class sizes...when it really doesn't.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:58 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,344,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durumi View Post
If you're privileged to enter all three great schools ie RCHS, GHHS and Enloe, what will you pick and why?
The OP did not ask about Green Hope when they posted started the thread in January, but the above poster did, when they revived the thread a couple of days ago.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:06 PM

5 posts, read 10,265 times
Green Hope High is nationally ranked #108 for STEM!

Old 10-16-2014, 09:08 AM

83 posts, read 149,792 times
OK -I'm OP and updating since open houses/magnet selections etc. are coming up soon...

Does anyone here have any feedback on SE Raleigh's Engineering Academy? I've heard the academies are worth it at SE Raleigh even though the gen pop is a little rough.

Also looking for feedback on how cut-throat Enloe is.

I'd love some feedback from teachers/parents as to whether they think the kids at Enloe are burnt out by Senior year.

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:12 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,355,859 times
I don't really know anything about SE Raleigh EA, but I just remember that they got pretty poor SAT scores when the list was recently released. Might be great for your individual kid, though, but probably not a high performing group overall.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...at-scores.html

Old 10-16-2014, 09:19 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,120,753 times
SE Raleigh is an inner city magnet school so the overall scores are generally going to be low. However I have also heard great things about the engineering programs there and we plan to go to their open house and check it out.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,231 times
This is an old thread but in case anyone is still reading, I have had experience with many of the schools asked about:

1. Raleigh Charter, great school, very few electives is a negative, good kids, good teachers, a lot of homework, very diverse, some AP classes, not Block schedule
2. Enloe, my daughter is only a freshman but so far..l good school, good teachers, lots of elective choices, very diverse, lots of homework, lots of advanced classes (AP), not overly competitive unless your kid is like that, mine s not, A/B schedule, half kids are Magnet kids, so far no trouble noted
3. Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School, good school, 92 percent black, kids are nice, my white son had no problems, good engineering program, magnet kids,stick together in classes, great Theater and Band, lots of electives, don't fill up so students get courses they want unlike other schools, teachers are mixed, easy As, allows you to join CCP program junior year and take 4 college classes a year at Wake Tech each year that will count towards college, mymson has 30 credits. On block scheduling, has AP classes but need outside tutor to pass exams, teachers don't prepare kids good enough to pass, safe, pleased with school. My son plans to go through College of Engineering at NCSU from here (4.8 GPA and 31 ACT and 30 college credits, many in STEM)
4. Base school... less electives, teacher quality not as good, Green Hope, however, the s supposed to be good if that is your base, not sure how flexible they are (one of my kids,did Apex High)
5. Engineering STEM... I don't know how it is, unless you are a twin, it is hard to get in from lottery. I didn't understand why they were a STEM school and were not prepared for kids to enter with Honors Math 3, maybe it has changed but when we looked, kids who,were ready for Math 3 had to take a random math fill elective until the other kids caught up? Didn't seem right...it was our second choice over Southeast Raleigh anyway mand we got into Southeast Raleigh (although you had to list as first choice to be considered...)

*. Sorry for any typos, typing on iPad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary