Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:18 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,844,266 times

Advertisements

Some of Cary goes into Chatham County and some of Morrisville is in Durham County. Did you find this out after buying the house or did you not learn of this until after the fact. I have a hard time believing it if you weren't told about this beforehand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM

646 posts, read 1,507,698 times
You did know this before you moved ?? Right?? Kids? Now they will be at Lafayette Elem And Harnett Central HS??

Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 AM

12 posts, read 25,198 times
I just bought a house in Coats and will be moving next month after 20 years in Los Angeles (with a brief current stay in Philadelphia area). My daughter and her family live in Cary, Wake County. Cary also is in Chatham County. Better than the burbs of Fluff-ya here, where one road changes names as it moves into an adjoining town and then changes names again as it crosses back into the first town, without ever making a turn. It's m*a*g*i*c.

What is a Sheets? And who wants to help me find a reliable handyman in/near Coats, if such things are permitted here? I will also need an electrician to install a ceiling fixture and a plumber to run a gas line for my dryer. If these things are not allowed on this forum, I apologize sincerely and withdraw the entire paragraph.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 AM

43,514 posts, read 77,526,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana Susan View Post
I just bought a house in Coats and will be moving next month after 20 years in Los Angeles (with a brief current stay in Philadelphia area). My daughter and her family live in Cary, Wake County. Cary also is in Chatham County. Better than the burbs of Fluff-ya here, where one road changes names as it moves into an adjoining town and then changes names again as it crosses back into the first town, without ever making a turn. It's m*a*g*i*c.

What is a Sheets? And who wants to help me find a reliable handyman in/near Coats, if such things are permitted here? I will also need an electrician to install a ceiling fixture and a plumber to run a gas line for my dryer. If these things are not allowed on this forum, I apologize sincerely and withdraw the entire paragraph.
Sheetz® Official Site :: Definition of a Sheetz

Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,385,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana Susan View Post
Better than the burbs of Fluff-ya here, where one road changes names as it moves into an adjoining town and then changes names again as it crosses back into the first town, without ever making a turn. It's m*a*g*i*c.
Hate to break it to ya, but this happends here too. For example, Highway 401 from south to north goes:
  • "Highway 401" - South of Fuquay
  • "Main Street" - Inside Fuquay
  • "Fayetteville Road" - North of Fuquay to the merge with Hwy 70
  • "Wilmington Street" - The merge with Hwy 70 to Just south of 40
  • "South Saunders Street" - Just south of 40 to Western/MLK Blvd in Raleigh
  • "Dawson St" AND "McDowell St" (they're one-way in opposite directions - Western/MLK Blvd in Raleigh to Lane Street-ish
  • "Capital Blvd" - Lane Street-ish to the US1/401 Split "Louisburg Rd" - US1/401 Split to Rolesville
  • "Main Street" - Inside Rolesville
  • "Louisburg Rd" - North of Rolesville to Hwy 96 intersection
  • "Highway 401" - North Past Hwy 96 intersection
And that's just in Wake County! Welcome to NC
Personally I find alignment, re-alignment and co-alignment fascintaing!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 PM

Well, whoopie. Obviously a conspiracy by the GPS industry.

QUOTE=StAndroid;23708804]Hate to break it to ya, but this happends here too. For example, Highway 401 from south to north goes:
  • "Highway 401" - South of Fuquay
  • "Main Street" - Inside Fuquay
  • "Fayetteville Road" - North of Fuquay to the merge with Hwy 70
  • "Wilmington Street" - The merge with Hwy 70 to Just south of 40
  • "South Saunders Street" - Just south of 40 to Western/MLK Blvd in Raleigh
  • "Dawson St" AND "McDowell St" (they're one-way in opposite directions - Western/MLK Blvd in Raleigh to Lane Street-ish
  • "Capital Blvd" - Lane Street-ish to the US1/401 Split "Louisburg Rd" - US1/401 Split to Rolesville
  • "Main Street" - Inside Rolesville
  • "Louisburg Rd" - North of Rolesville to Hwy 96 intersection
  • "Highway 401" - North Past Hwy 96 intersection
And that's just in Wake County! Welcome to NC
Personally I find alignment, re-alignment and co-alignment fascintaing![/quote]

Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Thanks again, Mike. I havent seen a Sheetz while I've been here in Philadelphia but it sounds like a business I'll be pleased to support. I'm sure they'll have plenty of chocolate available

Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,628,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt chill View Post
You did know this before you moved ?? Right?? Kids? Now they will be at Lafayette Elem And Harnett Central HS??
Sounds like the OP is a teenager/young adult still living with his/her parents.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:16 PM

247 posts, read 453,696 times
No one mentioned Zebulon? Its in four(or is it five?) counties. Fun times!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 PM

263 posts, read 575,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnerMama View Post
This part of Wake county is a bit of a mess. Garner is the same way...part in Johnston and part in Wake. You can go down highway 50, between Garner and Benson and you're in Raleigh city limits.
No, you'll pass Raleigh *mailing addresses*, but not the city limits. That's what caused the confusion in the initial post. Hwy 50 south of Garner isn't part of ANY town. But you can't address mail to "Wake County, NC". So, they have to use the post office that serves the area. The Garner post office serves some of that area, and a Raleigh post office (27603) serves some of that area. But south of Arbor Greene Dr, nothing on Hwy 50 is in anyone's city limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary