Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 03:43 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,152,190 times

Advertisements

Was very excited to see this place, as I am moving into the neighborhood and Vietnamese is one of my favorites, with Thai right up there too.

I went at the end of the lunch rush, the guy acknowledged me, but did not seat me (sign said wait to be seated). After at least five minutes, I was starting to look frustrated, and someone else asked me what I needed, so i said table for one. She said to sit anywhere, but there was only one table, in a corner behind a column. I sat there, waited at least another five minutes, never got served, and left.

I fully realize that sometimes places have a bad day. I'm willing to give them another chance. Everyone there seemed to be enjoying their meal, and reviews on Citysearch are "mostly good".

Would really love to hear from CD regulars, as I find the reviews here to be most accurate. I'm trying to decide if I should go back or not...

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 10:17 PM
WDJ

286 posts, read 789,788 times
I used to live around that area, so I tried Lotus Leaf once. The Vietnamese part of their menu is short, not too interesting, and expensive as well, so I ended up settling for Thai food. Since I've only been there once, I'm assuming that I wasn't really that impressed by the place (my visit was a few years ago). I've had better Thai around this area.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:46 AM

56 posts, read 109,085 times
i have been there a few times and i like it very much ...

Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,767,776 times
It's ok..I have yet to find really good Thai or Vietnamese here, and as far as the area goes, it's a bit above average. As far as everywhere as a whole, it's average at best. We don't go there anymore, much prefer tangerine.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:31 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,152,190 times
Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
It's ok..I have yet to find really good Thai or Vietnamese here, and as far as the area goes, it's a bit above average. As far as everywhere as a whole, it's average at best. We don't go there anymore, much prefer tangerine.

Rory, if you get out to Greensboro much, there is a great Bahn Mi place near the convention center (Highpoint Road, I think). Google Bahn Mi in Gbo and look for the great reviews. That's the place. (It's a little dumpy, and they don't serve that much else, but the sammiches are great!)

And if you ever get to Charlotte much, there are several really great Vietnamese places.

But I agree, pickin's are slim in these parts.

Thanks again for everyone's replies.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,767,776 times
Funny you mention, I was just there recently and passed up Bahn Mi for Akash sushi. Small world. Also just hit Basil Thai in Charlotte and was very happy!

Best I've found around here is Sawasdee in Raleigh. Tried Thai Spices & Sushi, Tom Yum, Thais noodle, Champa, Sushi Thai, Neo China, etc etc. All pretty much failures with a few decent dishes as exceptions. Thai's noodle is OK, also above avg for the area.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:40 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,163,966 times
I went excited for Vietnamese food in Cary finally and left disappointed. The menu was nothing like what I came to know while I was living in Vietnam. And it's outrageously overpriced. The Thai also didn't do anything for me.

For Vietnamese your best bet is just making the trek up to Capital Blvd and eating in one of the many Vietnamese places up there. For Thai, the place over by Ollie's in Cary, forget the name, and the Thai place on Harrison both have some authentic and tasty dishes on their menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary