Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 06:02 AM

214 posts, read 703,247 times

Advertisements

And therein lies one of the reasons that parents wait an hour in the pick up line- so their kids can get home at a reasonable time to play or do extracurricular stuff. I am in the same boat but ECES is going to 3:45 instead. I hope this doesn't make my daughter's drop off time to be 4:45 since she was the last bus to leave ECES most days and would often get home at 4:15-4:30 before. She needs her time outside or homework will not be a fun time for anyone in my house. Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,169,526 times
If you live 5 minutes from school can you pick them up to save some time? Get there early near the front of the carpool line and try to be one of the first for pick up and you'll save 30 minutes of outside play time right there!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 AM

850 posts, read 3,631,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshel88 View Post
And therein lies one of the reasons that parents wait an hour in the pick up line- so their kids can get home at a reasonable time to play or do extracurricular stuff. I am in the same boat but ECES is going to 3:45 instead. I hope this doesn't make my daughter's drop off time to be 4:45 since she was the last bus to leave ECES most days and would often get home at 4:15-4:30 before. She needs her time outside or homework will not be a fun time for anyone in my house. Time will tell.
Yep. I had the bus pick him up in the mornings last year but I waited in that car pool line in the afternoons so we'd be home at 3:30! I did find however that in the beginning of the year I was leaving at 2:45 to wait in that long line and that I really only needed to leave at about 3:15. By the time I got there, the line had already started moving and I just sailed right through. Plus my son had a chance to start his homework in the carpool line. And it saved me a 1/2 hour of sitting in my car smelling other peoples exhaust and cigarette smoke (if I wanted to be environmentally conscious and shut my car off/open the windows).

Hope the time changes work out for you.
Lauren

Old 08-16-2007, 11:01 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,996,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
Yep. I had the bus pick him up in the mornings last year but I waited in that car pool line in the afternoons so we'd be home at 3:30! I did find however that in the beginning of the year I was leaving at 2:45 to wait in that long line and that I really only needed to leave at about 3:15. By the time I got there, the line had already started moving and I just sailed right through. Plus my son had a chance to start his homework in the carpool line. And it saved me a 1/2 hour of sitting in my car smelling other peoples exhaust and cigarette smoke (if I wanted to be environmentally conscious and shut my car off/open the windows).

Hope the time changes work out for you.
Lauren

Thats a good idea...
I used to hate doing the carpool thing. There is always one car who waits and holds up everyone by not moving up. They saw no point in moving, so they would sit in one spot until they got to move all the way to the front. Drove me bonkers..

If you get there and you are one of the first ones to arrive, you still have to wait 30 minutes.

I like your idea better.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 AM

214 posts, read 703,247 times
Unless you have a high maintenance daughter like mine that wants to be one of the first picked up... At least the line is well orchestrated. My son will need to get dropped off this year for sure at the HS as I can't see him getting up before 5:45 to get ready for an earlier bus. He got picked up at 6:40 last year for a 7:30 start so not sure what dark hour the bus would need to stop for a 7:09 start time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary