Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 06:37 AM

6 posts, read 16,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Hello neighbor!!!
Wow, small world! We also (like I originally posted) live in Anderson @ Cobblestone too. I love, love, love the Taylor floor plan. We actually have guests in now from South Dakota and they love the house. They could not believe how much we spent for it, compared to our last house in Raleigh.

We have a nine year old daughter who will be attending 4th grade at Cooper too! Small world! She attended West Cooper last year so she's really looking forward to a new school, even though she loved her last one.

We noticed the majority of the kids around us are boys in the same age group. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, so far she's the only girl! *sigh*

We also have the brick front too, we love it. We havent had any problems with our warranty or inspections, everything is running pretty smoothly. We had a landscaping issue in the backyard, but they came out ASAP and took care of it for the most part. Still working with them.

They are really building up some new houses in the neighborhood too! I think once it is all complete, its going to be extremely nice. The new model home layout is amazing as well.

Glad to see there are more Cobblestone-ers out there!

Heather

Yes this neighborhood does seem to be mostly boys. We moved from a neighborhood with mostly retired people and no other kids. So my son loves it. Sometimes they will congregate on the corner and it looks like at least 10-12 of them. I think there are a couple of girls that have come over a few times and my son went across the street and meet a little girl he said was going to fourth grade...possibly yours . But probably most of the girls do not want to put up with so many boys and stay home. Most of the babies/toddlers I know of are little girls. So in a few years it will probably be a girl crowd.

I have not seen the new model home yet. I have been wanting to check it out. The front is all windows and looks very nice. Maybe we will go look today.

I hope your daughter enjoys Cooper. My son has loved every year and teacher. It really is a great little school. This year his class is in one of the "cottages" (a trailer) I was a little disappointed in that, but he does not seem to care and they can bring bottled water to drink during class, since there is no water fountain nearby. They have experienced so much growth even since we started just 4 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 03:06 PM

312 posts, read 1,904,589 times
Hi! We chose to live in Clayton because we got the house and land more for the money. We lives in Flowers Plantation subdivision. My job is in Garner so it takes me 20 minutes to get there if I leave the house at 7:15 am.

Have you ever heard of a growing town called Cleveland? No, it's not in Ohio - it's in Clayton/Garner area. Cleveland is growing and they have plenty of shopping center. People can buy a house in rural area and still travel to shopping center for no more than 15 minutes. Cleveland will have a big, brand-new Walmart, next to Lowes, soon. Cleveland is in the middle between Clayton and Garner. Everything's new, including schools, churches, and more.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:07 PM

9 posts, read 37,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn38 View Post
In my opinion, this railyard would negatively impact the entire Clayton area. While the Cobblestone area might not hear or see the activity of this railyard from the neighborhood, everyone entering the Clayton area from HWY 70 certainly would. Keep in mind, this would not be just railroad tracks, but a *railyard* - a 100 acre boxcar and *trucking operation* right on HWY 70 just seconds before as you enter Johnston County. I think if built, this "massive, noisy railyard" would be an eyesore and would be detrimental all residents of Clayton because of increased traffic, noise, pollution, etc... I honestly believe it could negatively impact property values and make Clayton a less desirable place to live.

We are moving to the Clayton area in two weeks. I love the rural feel of the area, but I can tell you if this railyard was in place now, or if I knew for sure that it would be, I would seriously reconsider my decision to move there.

There is a local group that has recently organized to stand against the possibility of this railyard. Here is a link to their website.

Stop the Railyard at the Wake County Line

I had read that they are having a meeting at Clayton High School this Sat. at 3:30 pm, and I would encourage any resident who shares their concerns to attend. Unfortunately, I'm in Colorado until the beginning of Sept., or I would be there as well!!
thank goodness some people took action on this before it was too late

Old 09-14-2007, 03:05 AM

15 posts, read 52,836 times
Garner and Clayton blend together at this point. The more desireable areas of Garner are further out.

I would highly recommend planning a weekend, weekday trip (great for traffic scenarios) and view Apex,Cary, Fuquay, Garner, Clayton, Knightdale, Raleigh, Wake Forest, each of these towns has its own personality. I have found what works for one does not necessarily work for another.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:37 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Default Cleveland School Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeprincess View Post
Hi! We chose to live in Clayton because we got the house and land more for the money. We lives in Flowers Plantation subdivision. My job is in Garner so it takes me 20 minutes to get there if I leave the house at 7:15 am.

Have you ever heard of a growing town called Cleveland? No, it's not in Ohio - it's in Clayton/Garner area. Cleveland is growing and they have plenty of shopping center. People can buy a house in rural area and still travel to shopping center for no more than 15 minutes. Cleveland will have a big, brand-new Walmart, next to Lowes, soon. Cleveland is in the middle between Clayton and Garner. Everything's new, including schools, churches, and more.
Do you mean the Cleveland school road area with Broadmoor, Broadmoor West and Hunters Mill/Twisted Oaks. If you I concur it is a great area and we are moving there.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 AM

34 posts, read 123,071 times
Hi,

I don't know if this counts because I've only visited. My sister lives in Garner. She and her husband moved from Greenville (I think) and found a larger, but less expensive home in Garner. Her house costs about as much as my condo is worth now (I live in a suburb of Baltimore). It is quiet in their area, but that is what they wanted. My bro-in-law likes to fish and has found a lake that is less than an hour away. There is a large mall not far from her home and they are minutes away from Route 40.

Like I said, I can only speak from a 'spectator' perspective, but it seemed like a really nice place.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:28 AM

516 posts, read 1,887,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm25275 View Post
Personally, I would not recommend any of those areas. There is nothing to do there, they are very country areas although it's growing now. It's a quite a drive to Raleigh plus you will always be stuck in traffic especially in rush hours. If you want something to do or places to go Raleigh is your best bet. You can easily find at least a new, nice townhome with those specifications in a good area in Raleigh.
"Quite a drive" and "traffic" are quite relative.

Crabtree Mall to Flowers Plantation at 5pm on a Friday took 35 minutes.

For me, who spent 42 years in Southern California, that's nothing. Half an hour to go ANYWHERE is at the bottom end of your time scale there. ALL of Raleigh, as well as Smithfield (with the outlets), shopping centers in Knightdale and Garner, even RDU, are quite convenient and all within an easy 40 minute drive - which is what I faced in California, but with a LOT more hassle.

And you don't have anything like real traffic out here. Try the CA-91 east on Friday evening from Orange County - THREE HOURS to go 30 miles. There's one spot through the Santa Ana Canyon that averages about an hour to go 2 miles.

For me, Clayton is just fine

To the OP:
I really couldn't decide for sure until I came out here to see - I highly recommend doing that if you're serious about moving. Get a good look at what you're getting into, and see for yourself how far everything is from the places you're considering. As I said, it's all relative - what is close for me is obviously not close for others, and what I would consider a good home for $200,000 is not what someone else might. None of us can really answer those questions for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary