Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 05:53 AM

19 posts, read 51,306 times

Advertisements

Oops, too early in morning after grand kids to amusemet park yesterday.

Rereading the posts you did indeed mention that attic situation was within a townhouse therefore attic can be considered COMMON space. Still seems funny that they wouldn't allow ceiling fans to be installed since COMMON space such as attic or decks are usually considered COMMON but you would have EXCLUSIVE USE rights. Simply my deck is COMMON area technically but naturally you wouldn't wish everyone to have the right to come sit on it and use it as thiers. The COMMON part deals more with maintainence and insurance issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 05:33 AM

19 posts, read 51,306 times
Just read about concern of future building of rail yard in Clayton area.

Residents rail against NCRR: Company insists it has no plans to build railyard by U.S. 70
By RICK MERCIER
Editor
rick.mercier@claytonnews-star.com
August 08, 2007

The N.C. Railroad Co.’s pursuit of land near U.S. 70 West along the Wake-Johnston county line has some area residents angry and worried, but the railroad says it’s much ado about nothing.
Residents believe the railroad is interested in four tracts totaling about 100 acres so it can relocate a massive, noisy railyard from Raleigh to the Clayton area

My obvious question is, would that track of land effect Cobblestone area?

George

Old 08-16-2007, 06:18 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeny View Post

Residents rail against NCRR: Company insists it has no plans to build railyard by U.S. 70
By RICK MERCIER
Editor
August 08, 2007

The N.C. Railroad Co.’s pursuit of land near U.S. 70 West along the Wake-Johnston county line has some area residents angry and worried, but the railroad says it’s much ado about nothing.
Residents believe the railroad is interested in four tracts totaling about 100 acres so it can relocate a massive, noisy railyard from Raleigh to the Clayton area

George

I dont see how it could. There is a railroad already up the road on Hwy 70 at the 42 intersection. You can't hear it from Cobblestone though. Also, Cobblestone is tucked in away from Hwy 70, you really can't hear any traffic at all. No sirens, no cars playing loud music. Just peace & quiet.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:49 PM

62 posts, read 258,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeny View Post

By RICK MERCIER
Editor
August 08, 2007

George

In my opinion, this railyard would negatively impact the entire Clayton area. While the Cobblestone area might not hear or see the activity of this railyard from the neighborhood, everyone entering the Clayton area from HWY 70 certainly would. Keep in mind, this would not be just railroad tracks, but a *railyard* - a 100 acre boxcar and *trucking operation* right on HWY 70 just seconds before as you enter Johnston County. I think if built, this "massive, noisy railyard" would be an eyesore and would be detrimental all residents of Clayton because of increased traffic, noise, pollution, etc... I honestly believe it could negatively impact property values and make Clayton a less desirable place to live.

We are moving to the Clayton area in two weeks. I love the rural feel of the area, but I can tell you if this railyard was in place now, or if I knew for sure that it would be, I would seriously reconsider my decision to move there.

There is a local group that has recently organized to stand against the possibility of this railyard. Here is a link to their website.

Stop the Railyard at the Wake County Line

I had read that they are having a meeting at Clayton High School this Sat. at 3:30 pm, and I would encourage any resident who shares their concerns to attend. Unfortunately, I'm in Colorado until the beginning of Sept., or I would be there as well!!

Last edited by Lynn38; 08-16-2007 at 09:09 PM..

Old 08-17-2007, 04:31 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,776 times
I'm starting a new thread about this so it will inform more people.
Feel free to contribute!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:41 PM

5 posts, read 13,358 times
Dear Kg00713
My Husband And I And My 7 Year Old Daughter Just Moved To Garner From Cherry Hill, Nj And We Love It We Haven't Found Jobs Yet But We Love The Area Its Right Off Rand Road Its Great I'm Just Learning How To Get Around Thank God For Gps System We Have 3/4 Of Acre We Have 3 Bedrm Ranch But In Your Price Range There Are Homes In Garner That You Would Like Our Area Has Alot Of Kids

Old 08-24-2007, 06:23 PM

49 posts, read 152,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm25275 View Post
Personally, I would not recommend any of those areas. There is nothing to do there, they are very country areas although it's growing now. It's a quite a drive to Raleigh plus you will always be stuck in traffic especially in rush hours. If you want something to do or places to go Raleigh is your best bet. You can easily find at least a new, nice townhome with those specifications in a good area in Raleigh.
There is plenty to do in Clayton and the drive to Raleigh is not bad--I can get there in 20 minutes. We used to live in Raleigh and it would take more time to drive from our house in Raleigh to visit friends in Apex, Durham, CH or the other side of Raleigh than it does going from Clayton to Raleigh.

In terms of things to do

The Clayton Center--a great auditorium that brings big name artists to town
The Clayton Center NC Performing Arts Auditorium and Conference Center, Clayton North Carolina

The Clayton Parks/Recreation flyer. http://www.townofclaytonnc.org/pdfs/currentprflyer.pdf (broken link)

Website for Clayton(and Garner) focusing on the 40/42/Cleveland area
4042.com...It's HERE! The home page for Johnston County, NC.

The Coffee Mill and Flip Side (live music) in Clayton
The Coffee Mill, Clayton NC: Something Different's Brewing in Town

Clayton Newcomers Club
Clayton Newcomers & Neighbors Club

Johnston County's Visitor's site
Johnston County Visitors Bureau, Smithfield, NC, Official Tourism Information

Old 08-24-2007, 08:44 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton734 View Post
The Clayton Parks/Recreation flyer. http://www.townofclaytonnc.org/pdfs/currentprflyer.pdf (broken link)

Website for Clayton(and Garner) focusing on the 40/42/Cleveland area
4042.com...It's HERE! The home page for Johnston County, NC.

The Coffee Mill and Flip Side (live music) in Clayton
The Coffee Mill, Clayton NC: Something Different's Brewing in Town

Clayton Newcomers Club
Clayton Newcomers & Neighbors Club

Johnston County's Visitor's site
Johnston County Visitors Bureau, Smithfield, NC, Official Tourism Information
Hey...glad some of the links/summaries I posted on another thread came in handy.
Lauren

Old 09-02-2007, 01:01 PM

13 posts, read 31,624 times
Talking Moving to the Raleigh / Garner NC area

I have been in the Garner area for 5 years now and I really like it alot. When you start looking, you might also try the area in Garner down US Hwy 50 towards Johnston county. It's closer in and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the homes for sale in that area. As a matter of fact, once you cross into Johnston county on 50, the prices are somewhat lower than in Wake county. You might even concider the Fuqua-Varina area. About 15 minutes down US Hwy 401 out of Garner. Both of these Hwy's run off of I-40, so it is easy access to the interstate. Fuqua-Varina will take you about 20 -25 minutes to get to I-40 and coming up 50, if you are further down 50, you can actually cut across on US Hwy 42 and come through a little community called Cleveland, (Which is actually part of Garner) and pick up I-40. You might want to just contact some of the local real estate companies and ask them what they have available in these areas. Garner is right up against Raleigh. Clayton is about 10 minutes further. Fuqua-Varina is maybe 20 minutes from Raleigh, Cleveland area is about 15 to 20 minutes from Garner, if that much by interstate. Let me put it this way. The further you move towards the southern part of the state or towards the coast the cheaper the property is, so it just depends on how much you want to spend, versis how far you want to drive, for the money.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:35 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,148,184 times
How about this....Let Harris Teeter do the work for you. Find a home near one in the Triangle and you will be fine. That's a rule of thumb I tell friends. The opposite would be true for Food Lion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary