Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:25 PM

65 posts, read 192,052 times

Advertisements

I think it is hard to find any kind of decent food around here, but Mellow Mushroom in Wake Forest (or Durham) makes a decent Italian sub and really good pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 04:48 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,679,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba4life View Post
If you are anywhere near Youngsville, try Charron's Deli right in the center of town.

The best subs I have had. Like 8-10x the meat of a subway sub.

really? i tried them right after thy opened and was not impressed at all. it wasnt bad, but also wasnt anything i couldnt make myself...

Old 01-10-2011, 06:58 AM

257 posts, read 713,899 times
I'm going to try Penn Station sometime this week, as I work not too far from them. There's also an American Hero in Clayton, which I keep forgetting to try.

For places I've already tried, Quizno's and Subway aren't very good. Jersey Mike's is ok, but not great and definitely not a good value. Subconscious wasn't anything special, either, though admittedly it has been many years since I last ate there. Right now, I'd actually agree w/ the subs from Harris-Teeter being the best value for the money.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:10 AM

2,623 posts, read 3,155,244 times
Italian Pizzeria in Durham used to have good subs, probably still do. A guy on 98, just past Grove Park, has a good eating place in a convenience/gas store. I think he has subs. I've had a breakfast sandwich there, was great. Can't remember the name of it. Bull City Subs was a great place, but shut down a few years ago.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM

257 posts, read 713,899 times
Had an Italian sub from the Penn Station off Capital the other day, and it was actually pretty good. Better than the other places I've tried around here, so I'll be going back to try a few other subs from there.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:00 PM

128 posts, read 283,091 times
The last two foot long subs I had from the Cary Park Town Center Harris Teeter were only 11 inches . So I won't be buying any more from them if thats the way they want to cheat customers. Anyone else notice this practice at other Harris Teeter stores recently? It doesn't make sense to me that they are doing this when Subway recently opened up just 50 yards away from HT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmickey View Post
Ive eatin many Harris Teeter subs. Good value for a better than subway sub. A good place to grab lunch while working. Not to many places you can get a sub and drink for less than 5 bucks.
My two worst? Quiznos and Firehouse.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:59 PM

200 posts, read 359,058 times
Roma's Italian in downtown Cary. They are originally from NY, and they have awesome bread! You tell them what you want, and they will make it for you.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:03 AM

766 posts, read 1,659,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwilkin View Post
I'm going to try Penn Station sometime this week, as I work not too far from them. There's also an American Hero in Clayton, which I keep forgetting to try.

For places I've already tried, Quizno's and Subway aren't very good. Jersey Mike's is ok, but not great and definitely not a good value. Subconscious wasn't anything special, either, though admittedly it has been many years since I last ate there. Right now, I'd actually agree w/ the subs from Harris-Teeter being the best value for the money.
Just to let you know I know there are several American Heros in this area. I don't know if any of some of them are linked. There once to be one off 70 in Raleigh/Durham, but it was completely different than the Durham location.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:00 AM

58 posts, read 130,349 times
another vote for Morrisville Deli.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:06 PM

2,623 posts, read 3,155,244 times
American Hero, I forgot about them. Haven't eaten at one lately. I ate at 2 locations in Durham, both good.

Some of you in Raleigh may remember Mr. Dunderbach's that used to be at Crabtree. Subs & club sandwiches of every description. they were out of this world. 1st time I ever had bratwurst was there. Ruffino's that used to be at Northgate had great subs. I think Sal Ruffino started something else, but I have no idea where. If he's still doing restaurants, I'm sure he's still doing great subs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary