Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 07:35 AM

586 posts, read 1,546,034 times

Advertisements

Oops, looks like I have been breaking the rule. My daughter even took cough drops to school one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 07:45 AM

42 posts, read 101,652 times
Utterly ridiculous! The parents there should organize and really make an issue about such stupid, pointless rules. If the school is concerned about sharing, why not just teach the kids the reasons why they shouldn't share? Maybe the schools should also ban all food, just in case kids share it and spread germs, and also make them all wear gloves and masks. What the h$&! is wrong with people?

Old 11-27-2010, 07:52 AM

632 posts, read 1,843,696 times
Glad I'm not a kid in school there because I've been addicted to "chapstick" since I was about 12. I have one in every room of the house, in every purse, and one for my pocket (and I try to make sure I have pockets in my clothes for that reason). If I get caught out without one (which is rare), I have to go buy some or go home. Can't concentrate when your lips are calling out for some soothing balm! At least parents can write a note allowing their child to have it at school.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:01 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,446,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Why didn't they just ban lips in school?
I'm all for it. Then we wouldn't have to stop them from lockin' 'em, AND...my students couldn't give me any.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:05 AM

810 posts, read 1,448,997 times
I'm just so happy that I'm old and will be dead before too long.
It's been getting worse for 40 years and it's going to get worse ever year forward.

S

Old 11-27-2010, 08:07 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
I'm just so happy that I'm old and will be dead before too long.
It's been getting worse for 40 years and it's going to get worse ever year forward.

S
Well, it's been getting worse for centuries, but always entertaining to observe.
Myself, I think I'll hang in for a while yet.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:00 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
There is much to consider when you are dealing with 30 plus children in one class . Children can and will use ANY object they can to create problems. If the children would simply have the chap stick in their pocket and quietly use it during break time /lunch etc there would have never been a need for such a rule...Evidently this is not what happened and the rule was made. When a rule is made in a school it MUST APPLY TO EVERYONE....OR PARENTS WILL START LAW SUITS.....

Old 11-27-2010, 11:08 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Is this for real? You can only have lip balm if your parents give you a note to bring to school?

Parents question Johnston County's ban on lip balm :: WRAL.com

I'm starting to wonder what's going on in Johnston County.

Lots of folks are wondering the same thing right now. JCS are seriously out of touch with the community.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:12 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times
As a teacher, I have to say that this is a pretty ridiculous rule. I understand trying to limit the transmission of germs, but I don't think I've EVER seen kids sharing lip balm. (Lip gloss in a pot, yes, but never a tube of balm.)

But, whatever -- write a note and keep applying that Chapstickā„¢!

Old 11-27-2010, 11:27 AM

467 posts, read 1,774,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Lots of folks are wondering the same thing right now. JCS are seriously out of touch with the community.
Agreed. Remember this is the same district that would rather expel a child than permit her to have a small nose ring (regardless of her reasons for having one) - gotta wonder if they are there to educate or to regulate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary