Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 02:04 PM

462 posts, read 1,707,526 times

Advertisements

Well, thanks Foxrivman1 for the warm welcome to the thread, in which I posted way back in the beginning of the thread about fishing down that way and going out on Harbor Hoppers boat etc. And I might remind you all I offered to bring beer...now does that ring a bell? And to correct you both, it's ladyflyfsh without the "i" and the reason for that is way back a million years ago when I signed up for my very first email address on AOL, you had to have 10 letters in your name so that was why I couldn't have an "i" at the end so ended up with f s h.

Anyway, I digress....and yes, I am flirting with you BH if it will get me a ride on your boat one of these days. I am in desperate need of some food fish so I'm in need of grouper, snapper etc. I will even stoop to spin/bait fishing in order to get some wink, wink, wink......looking forward to the weekend...WOOT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 02:10 PM

ok, my bad ...it was the whale shark thread not this one I posted in...sorry boys! But, my offer still stands to trade beer for admission to someone's boat to go fishing!

Old 04-01-2011, 02:44 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyflyfsh View Post
ok, my bad ...it was the whale shark thread not this one I posted in...sorry boys! But, my offer still stands to trade beer for admission to someone's boat to go fishing!
I would definitely volunteer, but I have company coming this weekend, so I can go. Maybe next time you come down though. Have you ever flyfsh'd from a boat? ((Notice no i)). :-))

Old 04-01-2011, 03:04 PM

sure, fly fished (with an "i") lots of times from a boat but usually boats that are designed for it without lots of do dads to get your line caught in. This weekend we will have three boats and will be poling the flats for redfish, snook, trout etc. This is not a "food fish" weekend but maybe I'll get lucky and catch something good to eat! I know the plan is to cook up some trout and make sandwiches for lunch. Aside from that, it's fish and drink beer!

Just so you don't think I'm blowing smoke about my abilities to catch fish on the fly, here are a few photos of fish I caught in the saltwater fly fishing:

Last edited by ladyflyfsh; 04-01-2011 at 03:14 PM..

Old 04-01-2011, 07:13 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
Excellent photos. You got me beat.

Leaving my KW on the dock tomorrow to head out on the Anglers Dream.
In my 3 years here, I've never caught a keeper grouper...just lots of undersized juvi's. Here's hoping all that changes tomorrow. I'm in need of some Grouper Tacos!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:02 PM

493 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Default Flats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyflyfsh View Post
sure, fly fished (with an "i") lots of times from a boat but usually boats that are designed for it without lots of do dads to get your line caught in. This weekend we will have three boats and will be poling the flats for redfish, snook, trout etc. This is not a "food fish" weekend but maybe I'll get lucky and catch something good to eat! I know the plan is to cook up some trout and make sandwiches for lunch. Aside from that, it's fish and drink beer!

Just so you don't think I'm blowing smoke about my abilities to catch fish on the fly, here are a few photos of fish I caught in the saltwater fly fishing:

What flats will be polling? Forgive me but I don't live near the area, at least not yet so that is why I'm asking the location.

Great pics, both are nice fish!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:04 PM

Default Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Excellent photos. You got me beat.

Leaving my KW on the dock tomorrow to head out on the Anglers Dream.
In my 3 years here, I've never caught a keeper grouper...just lots of undersized juvi's. Here's hoping all that changes tomorrow. I'm in need of some Grouper Tacos!

Don't bring any bananas with you ok MA and hopefully you get your grouper!

Catch a fish!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrivman1 View Post
What flats will be polling? Forgive me but I don't live near the area, at least not yet so that is why I'm asking the location.

Great pics, both are nice fish!
Turtle Bay and Bull Bay...caught some nice redfish, ladyfish and trout today!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:39 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
Good news/Bad news: I caught over a dozen grouper today and all were bigger than any I've ever caught before. Unfortunately not one of them was a legal keeper. The biggest one was a Gag that measured 20.5" but they have to be 22". Missed it by that much!

We had a great time on the Anglers Dream and the crew was a great bunch. There were close to 40 anglers aboard. Only 3 keeper groupers were landed, along with a couple of keeper sharpnose sharks, lots of Key West Grunts and only one snapper. Quite a few blue runners were filleted and released. We fished in depths ranging from 50 to 62 feet between Boca Grande and Gasparilla Pass.

It was a great day with great weather and fair seas. My keeper grouper continues to elude me.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the report MA, sorry you didn't get to take one home! About how many totat fish were caught would you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte