Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 03:42 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times

Advertisements

I'm thirsty, but my sparkling flavoured water is downstairs in the kitchen and I'm upstairs in bed. I'm not sure what to do - and to be honest, it's a little distressing. Those starving children in Africa don't know how lucky they have it - they're not burdened with all of this choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 06:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Speaking of toothbrushes, I still don't know why I can't buy toothbrushes in tasteful colors that go with my bathroom décor, instead of bright, neon, multi-colors. Why not tan, taupe, cinnamon, or sage green?
RIGHT. It's not like our bathrooms are done in PeeWee Herman colors. At least mine isn't and I'm assuming yours isn't either.

I need one in gray blue and one in ivory. That would be splendid. No more neon green and hot pink. I don't need to be entertained by a toothbrush.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:55 PM

Today I somehow got hoodwinked into lunch with my parents at a local cafeteria. My, that was a bit heavy in many ways. So then I had some errands and then I began driving home - but it was only 5:30. Too soon to stop and get something, but also not a good time to go to the grocery store. So now I'm stuck eating strange combos of food - such as frozen creamed spinach, and perhaps some pot stickers.

Or I could just have some of those Captain's Wafers crackers with the cream cheese and chives in them, and a glass of red wine.

Decisions, decisions. I'm regretting not stopping for some tacos to go but I just couldn't get excited about eating at 5:30 and I'm pretty sure those wouldn't have aged well.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:58 PM

503 posts, read 772,913 times
I ate asparagus and now my pee stinks. So gross.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:15 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
Here's my first world problem. I've worked all day, including an afternoon of working in my yard. I planted several things. I am tired. This morning, before yard work, I washed our sheets. I am too tired now to go into my bedroom and put clean sheets on the bed. But if I am going to sleep tonight, I have to put sheets on the bed. Sheesh.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:03 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
I am hating the way the shrimp industry is now selling all larger-sized cooked shrimp with the tails on. What's up with that? Who wants to throw cooked shrimp into some pasta or stir fry - with the tails on!

I finally made a comment about it to the butcher at the local Safeway store. He told me it's so they'll weigh more.

The weenies!

So, my revenge is to buy the large easy-peel shrimp for less, and just peel them and cook them myself. If I have to take the tails off my shrimp anyway, might as well peel the whole dang thing. And of course, they only cook in mere minutes.

But, what a bother!

Old 03-30-2016, 12:16 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Ah yes, toothbrush problems. I've got one of those sonic toothbrushes. Great to just hold it against your teeth and let the toothbrush do its job.

But I've got a habit of hitting my teeth on the back of the brush. Not so great when you've got a piece of plastic hammering against your teeth. At least it wakes me up, I suppose.
Ugh, I used to use an electric toothbrush. The vibration was very, very irritating and it tickled my nose. I hated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Speaking of toothbrushes, I still don't know why I can't buy toothbrushes in tasteful colors that go with my bathroom décor, instead of bright, neon, multi-colors. Why not tan, taupe, cinnamon, or sage green?
That's another thing! Why the obnoxious colors?! If my SO is going to the store and I need a new toothbrush, I'll tell him, "But no ugly colors! Get a pretty one!" lol

Old 03-30-2016, 07:52 AM

Today I have a big decision to make.

I am going to look at a few sewing machines on craigslist. Hmmm. OK, moving past the "I don't know you and you might be a mass murderer," thing - my other question is "Do I stop and get cash BEFORE or AFTER I go look at them?" There are several and there's a pretty wide range of prices, and I am just not a cash person. I mean, do I get $60 or $150 or what? Or do I just go look at them, pick one out and then come back with the cash?

Also, I don't have a concealed carry permit. Do I go armed and take a chance like that? I guess my question is, "Would I rather be alive but in trouble, or dead but otherwise OK?" Now that I put it that way, my decision is easier.

Do you think someone would put sewing machines on craigslist just to lure unsuspecting middle aged women into their homes to do God knows what to them?

Old 03-30-2016, 11:10 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I am going to look at a few sewing machines on craigslist. Hmmm. OK, moving past the "I don't know you and you might be a mass murderer," thing - my other question is "Do I stop and get cash BEFORE or AFTER I go look at them?" There are several and there's a pretty wide range of prices, and I am just not a cash person. I mean, do I get $60 or $150 or what? Or do I just go look at them, pick one out and then come back with the cash?

Also, I don't have a concealed carry permit. Do I go armed and take a chance like that? I guess my question is, "Would I rather be alive but in trouble, or dead but otherwise OK?" Now that I put it that way, my decision is easier.

Do you think someone would put sewing machines on craigslist just to lure unsuspecting middle aged women into their homes to do God knows what to them?
LOL, I guess I'm naiive, but I never worried about buying stuff on Craigslist. I guess, just look at the neighborhood, let someone know where you're going.

Thrift stores are a great place to get used sewing machines cheap, too.

I also never carry cash. it's so inconvenient. Now there's a first-world problem for you.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:58 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,909,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I think a lot of police departments allow people who are buying and selling stuff online (legally) to use their parking lots to meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology