Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 10:26 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times

Advertisements

I currently have a living room chair laying on it's side in the middle of the kitchen on it's way to the second bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 09:04 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I currently have a living room chair laying on it's side in the middle of the kitchen on it's way to the second bedroom.
OMG, LMAO!

Coffee is definitely the priority.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:28 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
I'm weeding out old magazines that deal with one of my hobbies, but am not sure what to do with them: too old to keep; too good to pitch or recycle.

If I just had a ten-year-old neighbor kid who was interested, I'd load them down!

Old 03-22-2016, 11:38 AM

218 posts, read 242,037 times
For TV I have rabbit ears, and get a whole whopping 4 channels, so this morning something happened with the reception- getting no channels. No Problem. I have internet and a Roku. I'll just watch netflix today. Internet is not in service either. Now I am stuck with just DVDs. Oh, the inhumanity!!!! ...as you can see the internet is back on. I feel human again, and I just checked the tv and have my 4 channels back too. It will be a good day after all.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:52 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Today I have a ten o'clock meeting and then I don't have another meeting till four o'clock. But I will be dressed and out of the house and I really don't want to drive back home. What on earth am I going to do between about 11 and 3:30?

I guess I could go to an early matinee but that means I'd probably go by myself, which sucks. I could go to the bookstore but I don't want to hang out there for three hours. I could go shopping but I am bored with that.

Sigh. I guess I'll just drive back home and maybe take a nap. Who am I kidding - I won't take a nap! What to do, what to do...

Old 03-23-2016, 08:30 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,909,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Today I have a ten o'clock meeting and then I don't have another meeting till four o'clock. But I will be dressed and out of the house and I really don't want to drive back home. What on earth am I going to do between about 11 and 3:30?

I guess I could go to an early matinee but that means I'd probably go by myself, which sucks. I could go to the bookstore but I don't want to hang out there for three hours. I could go shopping but I am bored with that.

Sigh. I guess I'll just drive back home and maybe take a nap. Who am I kidding - I won't take a nap! What to do, what to do...
I LOVE going to the movies alone! You really should try it. No one knows where you are, no one is interrupting you. No one is whispering to you about something in the movie and disturbing your concentration. You go into another world for 2 hours and forget all about that life outside. Then you come out refreshed.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:33 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I'm weeding out old magazines that deal with one of my hobbies, but am not sure what to do with them: too old to keep; too good to pitch or recycle.

If I just had a ten-year-old neighbor kid who was interested, I'd load them down!
Do you have a used-book store near you?

Old 03-23-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I LOVE going to the movies alone! You really should try it. No one knows where you are, no one is interrupting you. No one is whispering to you about something in the movie and disturbing your concentration. You go into another world for 2 hours and forget all about that life outside. Then you come out refreshed.
I actually do like going to the movies by myself.

But instead of doing this, I had to go sell a car. You know, sign the title and the bill of sale, get the check, give them the keys, and then go deposit the check. What a lot of work.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:47 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
My recurring first world problem is what to have for lunch. I tend not to have the right stuff around for a healthy lunch. Or, I have the stuff around, but don't want to go the trouble to make it. Yesterday I had leftovers with 1/2 can of salmon in a rice bowl. Today, I only have leftover rice and 1/2 can of salmon. What to do? At least I have the rice. And the salmon.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
My recurring first world problem is what to have for lunch. I tend not to have the right stuff around for a healthy lunch. Or, I have the stuff around, but don't want to go the trouble to make it. Yesterday I had leftovers with 1/2 can of salmon in a rice bowl. Today, I only have leftover rice and 1/2 can of salmon. What to do? At least I have the rice. And the salmon.
I have a similar dilemma. I have greek yogurt. I have honey. But I have no granola.

Life is sure tedious sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology