Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2022, 06:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
More First World ”Problems”...

The charger cord for my Android phone is too short. My feet are cold. I need to get the dishes out of the sink but need to empty the dishwasher first. I am almost out of jelly beans. Soon I will have neither jelly beans nor sponges. Now I question my decision-making processes.
I had the whole dishes and sink and dishwasher thing going - and I finally just ran out of clean spoons. It took me about ten minutes in the kitchen to clean up everything. Then of course I wondered why I had waited so long (three days - might be a record!). I was just thinking about how wonderful it is to have a long charger for my phone by the way - get on Amazon and order one and you can be happy too in a few days! I just ran out of wine - left myself one small glass of it which honestly just made me want more, which I don't have and I am NOT going to go to the grocery store tonight.

I do have sponges, thank goodness. I guess I can suck on a sponge if I get too desperate. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2022, 05:25 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times
Happiness would have been mine if only I had put the cord to the percolator IN the percolator before shoving it to the cabinet, after which it was pushed way further in the back by a big soup pan. Now I sit here in my sorrow not knowing what to do.

Old 03-29-2022, 06:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Happiness would have been mine if only I had put the cord to the percolator IN the percolator before shoving it to the cabinet, after which it was pushed way further in the back by a big soup pan. Now I sit here in my sorrow not knowing what to do.
Let's talk about coffee for a minute.

Today THE MOST disappointing thing happened to me. I got up and went immediately to my coffee maker, which always holds a fresh pot of coffee for me in the morning, because I set it all up on automatic the evening before. Well, last night, I forgot to put the coffee grounds into the coffee maker, so all I ended up with this morning was a hot pot of water. So, I thought to myself, "Just pour it back in and add grounds this time," and that's what I did but apparently something was askew because when I came back in a few minutes later there was hot coffee all around the coffee maker, AND under it, and there were also some grounds spread around. And there was only half a pot of coffee actually IN the pot. LORD HAVE MERCY.

So then, and remember, I STILL hadn't had a cup of coffee yet, I had to clean up the spilled coffee and coffee grounds. Only after I did all that could I finally enjoy my first cup of coffee of the morning (on cup #2 now), and even then, my coffee that made it into the pot still has some grounds in it.

Oh well. COFFEE DRAMA.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:38 AM

Let's talk lemons for a moment. I do not have a lemon juicer that removes seeds, so I stand in my kitchen squeezing half a lemon between my fingers and wondering WHY. Why don't I have a lemon juicer? I know they exist. I saw one on Amazon.

My Mother did not have one, my Grandma did not have one, I have never seen one in the homes of any of my friends at any point in my life, so what's the deal??? I think demystifying lemon juicers is imperative. So does everyone have one but they hide it? If so, why? If so, where? Why have I lived my life without one. What if I touch my EYE after squeezing a lemon through my fingers? These are the things we need to talk about

Old 03-29-2022, 12:51 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
We have a lemon juicer and the lemons... Lemons are getting old like me. I think that there is a real problem here that must be dealt with.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:56 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,550,542 times
Most of my bagged sweet potatoes went bad! I just bought them on Thursday. What the heck? I managed to save four. I'm going to have to: 1. buy fewer 2. eat them within 2 days of buying or 3. not buy them at all.
Guess what I'm going to have for lunch?

Old 03-30-2022, 09:21 AM

Since this IS the First World Problem humor thread and it IS in the Psychology section, I submit to you the following

Hypochondria ~ I have a cut on my finger and cannot find the anti-bacterial ointment. Now what? What if I get some flesh-eating bacteria and die...what will happen to the lemon juicer I just bought???

Self-doubt ~ Did I do the right thing by purchasing a lemon squeezer when I only have three lemons and still not an adequate amount of tissue in the house. Sure, I have one box, but what happens when THAT runs out? Why did I think lemons were more important than my nose?

Old 03-30-2022, 09:23 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
I bought two lemon trees. One has pink lemons inside and the other is yellow. If I plant them side by side will they fight?

Old 03-30-2022, 11:26 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Let's talk bathing suits for a minute.

I brought about 5 2-piece suits down here and over the years half of each one has failed. So I am wearing different tops and bottoms together.

Is it a "problem"? I'm not sure yet! Maybe a new trend.

Old 03-30-2022, 11:28 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Let's talk lemons for a moment. I do not have a lemon juicer that removes seeds, so I stand in my kitchen squeezing half a lemon between my fingers and wondering WHY. Why don't I have a lemon juicer? I know they exist. I saw one on Amazon.

My Mother did not have one, my Grandma did not have one, I have never seen one in the homes of any of my friends at any point in my life, so what's the deal??? I think demystifying lemon juicers is imperative. So does everyone have one but they hide it? If so, why? If so, where? Why have I lived my life without one. What if I touch my EYE after squeezing a lemon through my fingers? These are the things we need to talk about
I have a lemon juicer! But NO lemons! In my not-first-world location, we have only limes. An electric juicer is a necessity! Cheap too. Go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology