Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,616,271 times

Advertisements

Just for the record A LOT of people who day they would hate Vick on thier team are full of it. If they got him and he lead them to a Superbowl they would be happier than a pig in slop. Hipocracy at its best.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:00 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,237,767 times
i'm not full of it at all

i'd immediately cancel my NFL pass and get out and enjoy the weather on sundays

QBs are the face of the franchise - i don't want him as the face of anything I put time, effort and money into supporting

Old 05-20-2009, 01:10 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,548,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
So your going of off assumption? My only problem is that you assume that only black coaches would have the character to do so and that is false. Jim Mora jr was loyal to Vick to a fault, Al Davis and the Raiders take a chance on almost everyone, Rex Ryan in NY would be another candidate. While I agree with a majority of what you write I find fault in the fact that you feel that only black coaches can "relate" to Vick.
You missed something; earlier I said that while there were Black coaches who would likely relate to Vick, there were definitely non-Black coaches who would be willing to relate to Vick. I mentioned Jim Mora and Jack Del Rio to name a few.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that earlier.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:11 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,548,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

QBs are the face of the franchise - i don't want him as the face of anything I put time, effort and money into supporting
I can appreciate that.

BTW, who's your team?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:

I dont doubt you, but I know fans of the Dallas Cowboys who said the same types of things about TO and Pac Man etc. All the questionable character guys but man where they lovin it when they were producing on the field.

So how does a drug addict rate on the list of "dont want this guy to represent my team?"

Old 05-20-2009, 01:15 PM

i'm a seahawks fan so obviously have had to hear a bit of the rumors already ........ although I hope atlanta was more of a case of arthur blanks loyalty (anyone remember blank pushing vick in a wheelchair?!)

owners - just own

it's impossible to root for any team and not have occasional run ins ...... sometimes it's a guy who has something happen once there, sometimes you bring in a guy and hope

in this case I hope they tell him to keep walking

Old 05-20-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
You missed something; earlier I said that while there were Black coaches who would likely relate to Vick, there were definitely non-Black coaches who would be willing to relate to Vick. I mentioned Jim Mora and Jack Del Rio to name a few.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that earlier.
Gotcha. I'd take him in New England to be Brady's back up.... he could learn a thing of 10 from Tom!

Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I dont doubt you, but I know fans of the Dallas Cowboys who said the same types of things about TO and Pac Man etc. All the questionable character guys but man where they lovin it when they were producing on the field.

So how does a drug addict rate on the list of "dont want this guy to represent my team?"
drug addicts - don't like it, but really commonplace - they also tend to be self destructive

the "coke"boys did fine in dallas and i'm sure most cities would of embraced that success

i don't think i'd like my QB to be all jacked up though - it's the one position that you have to depend on game in, game out, he's the face of the franchise, the poster boy, et al

Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM

To be honest I think a city like Seattle would be good for Vick. Not THAT MUCH media like say NY or Chicago etc. Plus they play in a soft division that could trasnlate in to wins quickly. And of course there is JM Jr.... hmmmm

Old 05-20-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
drug addicts - don't like it, but really commonplace - they also tend to be self destructive

the "coke"boys did fine in dallas and i'm sure most cities would of embraced that success

i don't think i'd like my QB to be all jacked up though - it's the one position that you have to depend on game in, game out, he's the face of the franchise, the poster boy, et al
America's Hero Brett Favre was a self admitted drug addict and alcoholic....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.