Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:44 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,617,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
While you feel it may be ridiculous, its life. Its what society agrees upon. Go to any convicted felon who has been released from prison and ask them what it was like to find work. Why does an NFL criminal get to stroll right back to where they left off?

Ask Don King...................

Old 05-21-2009, 11:46 AM

666 posts, read 1,845,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Ask Don King...................
You got me on that one. Change my statement to "Why does a professional athlete criminal get to stroll right back to where they left off?"

Old 05-21-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Good, kind hearted people will never forget how he tortured and murdered those poor defenseless dogs. They suffered a horrible death! Thous shalt not kill! Sorry, I cannot speak for everyone else but I cannot forgive a killer like Vick! It is in his bad blood.

Every post you make exposes you more and more as a fake who wants to use the bible when it's convinient to you. Quit being so phony. You make real believers look bad.

Your all about tho shall not kill, but not about foregivness.... wow holy hypocrit.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
You got me on that one. Change my statement to "Why does a professional athlete criminal get to stroll right back to where they left off?"

Again your wrong. He doesnt go back to where he left off. He was the single highest paid player in the entire NFL and the face of a franchise with millions in endorsements.

IF he goes back he will not be handed a starting job, he will probably not make top 25 money and he will have 0 endorsements. What you all fail to give him credit for it he has lost so much more than what you see on the surface, granted he deserves to lose it, but he also has paid his debt to society and deserves to make a living.

All the folks who think a convicted felon shouldnt have anything but a job scrubbing toilets are fake. Your attitude that your so much better than them because they made a mistake in life is exactly why this country has so many damn repeat offenders. SOME people deserve a chance to live right.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 PM

Some brief info you can find online.....

In the 1990s, Christian Peter, then an All-Big Eight defensive tackle, was arrested eight times at Nebraska, where he was twice accused of rape — charges resulting in one out-of-court settlement and another conviction for sexual assault. Though the Patriots relinquished their draft rights to Peter, he would eventually play for three NFL teams.

Then there was Peter's Nebraska teammate, Lawrence Phillips, who pleaded to a brutal domestic abuse case before St. Louis took him with the sixth pick in 1996. Phillips would be arrested three times over the next 19 months. Later, the Dolphins would release him after he was accused of hitting a woman in a bar. Of course, that incident proved an insufficient deterrent for the 49ers who also gave him a shot.

Next, Rams defensive end Leonard Little. In 1998, while driving drunk, he ran a red light and killed Susan Gutweiler, a 47-year-old wife and mother. As per Little's plea deal, he got 90 nights in a work release program and 1,000 hours of community service. In 2004, Little beat another drunk driving case. Last year, he signed a new contract with St. Louis.

Jamal Lewis, a convicted drug trafficker, was suspended for all of two games.

Finally, there's Ray Lewis, who pleaded to obstruction of justice in a double-murder case. Today, he's more of a hero than ever.

[SIZE=2]Wide Receiver - David Boston (2002 Drug Possession and DUI, pleaded no contest)
Wide Receiver - Mark Duper (1989 Accused of Rape, charges eventually dropped, 1994 charged with buying cocaine with intent to sell)
Wide Receiver - Mark Clayton (1993 Dead Beat Dad)
Tight End - Eric Green (1992 Substance Abuse)
Quarterback - Brian Griese (2001 DUI)
Running Back- Eugene "Mercury" Morris (1982 cocaine trafficking, got 20 years)
Right Tackle - Leon Searcy (2001, spousal abuse, battery)
Right Guard- Carlton Haselrig [from the Steelers] (1993, 1994, 1995 DUI, Substance abuse, parole violation)
Center - Mike Webster [from the Steelers] (1999 forging prescriptions)
Left Tackle - Levi Jones [from the Bengals] (2004, interfering with a police officer, assault)
Left Guard - Keno Hills [from the Saints] (1998 Heroine possession, weapons charge)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Corner - Patrick Surtain (2000 DUI)
Corner - Fulton Walker (1989 second degree sexual assault, 2002 convicted of possession)
Left End - Demetrius Underwood (2003 robbed man in wheelchair - found incompetent to stand trial)
Defensive Tackle - Jermaine Haley (2003 DUI)
Defensive Tackle - Shane Burton (2nd DUI)
Right End - Jim Dunaway (2002, charged with murdering ex-wife, lost civil suit when children sued him for wrongful death)
Linebacker - Derrick Rodgers (1998 DUI; 2002 battery, aggravated battery, resisting arrest with violence)
Middle Linebacker - Eddie Moore (2004 disorderly conduct)
Linebacker - Aubrey Beavers (2003, felony marijuana possession)
Free Safety - Gene Atkins (1989 arson, 2nd degree attempted murder, conspiracy to commit battery)
Strong Safety - Darius Johnson [from the Broncos] (1999 assault)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]WR Oronde Gadsden (2004 DUI)
WR Charles Jordon (car theft, felony theft, reckless driving, charged with murder)
WR - Tony Martin (1999 drug money laundering)
WR - Lamar Thomas (battery on his fiancee, parole violation)
WR Mark Ingram (holding counterfeit currency, dead beat dad, car theft)
WR Robert Baker (1998 drug trafficking)
WR Lamar Thomas (battery on his fiancee, parole violation)
WR Dedric Ward (2001 accused of drugging and raping a woman, charges dropped)
RB - Sammy Smith (drug trafficking)
RB - Lawrence Phillips (1996 domestic assault, 2003 sexual assault)
RB - Cecil Collins (2001 sexual assault, breaking and entering, burglary, serving 15 years )
RB - Fulton Walker (1989 second degree sexual assault)
RB - Lamar Smith (2003 tried for vehicular assault and DUI)
RB - Stacey Spikes (1995 domestic abuse, assault)
RB - Jack Harper (2001 illegal alligator harvesting, identity theft)
QB - Jon Denton (1997 drug possession, ran prostitution ring in college)
CB - Ben Kelly (2003 DUI)[/SIZE]

^^ Those are all from the Dolphins..... how many other teams have lists like this. Point being peopel in glass houses should not throw stones!

Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 PM

666 posts, read 1,845,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Again Your attitude that your so much better than them because they made a mistake in life is exactly why this country has so many damn repeat offenders. SOME people deserve a chance to live right.
Please don't tell me what my feelings are and how I view myself in relation to these people. I don't put words in your mouth, so don't do it for me.

Quite frankly the bible means nothing to me so you can keep that out of the conversation as well.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:10 PM

The Dallas Cowboys have a guy on the roster CONVICTED of rape... hmm no outcry here.

(Mind you I think this kid got a raw deal in GA over this BS Charge)

Greenbay Packers fans your all world TE MarK Chumura had sex with an underaged girl in a hot tub that was his kids baby sitter.... all these guys have ISSUES

Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Please don't tell me what my feelings are and how I view myself in relation to these people. I don't put words in your mouth, so don't do it for me.

Quite frankly the bible means nothing to me so you can keep that out of the conversation as well.

Leftcoastee - those comments were for blond621 or whatever her name his not you. I worded that wrong. She made a statement about convicted felons and quoted the commandment earlier.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:29 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,550,475 times
Quote:
See Lofa Tatupu; starting linebacker for the Seattle Seahawks.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:30 PM

68 posts, read 221,172 times
Well Well Well........all these wonderful illiterate comments on here do not surprise me at all....I say this: The most proven on here in the last 10 pages of comments is the fact that these football players who are grossly overpaid which is disgusting enough are for the MAJORITY mostly ghetto trash hoodlums and uneducated tabooooooooo. What a shame for this country that we allow our young folks to look up to and admire and try to be like these people. What a disgrace. None of these players should be allowed back on the field. Rapists, murderers, DUI drivers, guns, drugs, DOG FIGHTING. Men beating their wives and girlfriends I mean what the hell is wrong with you people. These are not people to be respected and cheered at and PAID THIS RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY TO THROW A DAMN FREAKING BALL AROUND !!!!!!!! This whole NFL AND NBA AND WHATEVER ELSE THERE IS are nothing more than a money making enterprise for GREEDY BASTARDS who could care less if the guy that can get 4 touchdowns kicked his wife in the head, beat his kid, got drunk and hit a pedestrian, raped two women or treated animals in the worst horrific way imaginable. It disgusts me and anyone that would like to see this piece of dirt trash back on the field is as sick as he is. Oh by the way, you know people that ABUSE AND MURDER INNOCENT ANIMALS ARE SICK IN THE MIND !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.