Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 03:16 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times

Advertisements

Week 16 - 13-3. Not bad.
Week 17 - Just like Week 1, this is the "I have absolutely NO idea who to pick" week. Are the starters playing? Who has quit playing? (The Cowboys MAY have quit). Who gives a crap? The Eagles BETTER give a crap. Alright - here goes
Ravens
Saints
Browns
Redskins
Packers
Texans
Colts
Chiefs
Vikings
Patriots
Eagles
Buccaneers
Bills
Raiders
Rams
49'ers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 06:45 AM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Week 17 already - here are the games, a few early moved to late afternoon slot.

Browns @ Bengals
Dolphins @ Patriots
Bears @ Vikings
Chargers @ Chiefs
Jets @ Bills
Packers @ Lions
Saints @ Panthers
Falcons @ Buccaneers
Eagles @ Giants
Titans @ Texans
Washington @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Ravens
Colts @ Jaguars
Raiders @ Broncos
Cardinals @ Rams
49ers @ Seahawks

Old 12-24-2019, 07:02 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Week 17 Matchups

Jets @ Bills-Considering the Bills have already sewn up the 5th seed, I'll go with the Jets. I'm a huge proponent of teams resting players to avoid pointless injuries in meaningless games.

Browns @ Bengals-I'll take the Bengals in this Battle of the Ohio Dumpster Fire since they've already sewn up the number 1 pick. It's been a rough year for Cincy and I feel like they're gonna come out with nothing to lose and win this for their fans. This would be the perfect ending to a disappointing season for the Browns.

Packers @ Lions-Obviously the Pack want that first-round bye. That should be no problem against portly Patricia and the Lions who haven't won since October. This terrible season can be attributed to the curse of Jim Bob Cooter.

Chargers @ Chiefs-Chiefs are still playing for seeding, so that should be enough motivation to bury the Homeless Bolts who will end up a disappointing 5-11.

Bears @ Vikings-While the Viqueens still could technically get a 2 seed, I think Kirk Cousins will blow another game at home before getting killed in the first round of the playoffs by the Saints in N'awilins.

Dolphins @ Patriots-Dark Side will prevail since a first-round bye is up for grabs. Belichick will plot his annual evil scheme to make it to another Super Bowl with a team that doesn't look that great much to the chagrin of most of America.

Falcons @ Buccaneers-Dirty Birds have been playing better lately. I'm not sure if it will be enough to save Dan Quinn's job though. Matt Ryan smokes a Winston to finish the season.

Saints @ Panthers-Drew Brees is another old QB who'd appreciate a bye week. I don't think the Saints will get it, but they should be able to beat the Panthers who've lost 7 in a row. Saints will probably play Minnesota in the first round, which is almost as good as a bye week.

Washington @ Cowboys-Skins put a dagger in the Jason Garrett era with a blowout win sending Jerry Jones and 100,000 fans home crying.

Raiders @ Broncos-If a bunch of weird things happen, the Raiders could still make the playoffs. That should be enough for the Gruden Grinder to eke it out at Mile High.

Cardinals @ Rams-Perhaps the most perplexing team this season has been the Rams. I thought they'd dominate during the regular season and be a lock for the playoffs. They have a teamful of Pro Bowlers and look like Super Bowl contenders on paper, but this season was an epic failure. I think the Cardinals beat them here even if Kyler Murray doesn't play. Cards are an up and coming team who could have a bright future.

Eagles @ Giants-The injury-plagued Eagles have looked absolutely awful at times this year, but just like last year, they've been winning down the stretch and will do just enough to make it into the playoffs. This team really does personify the city. They're the Rocky of the NFL. You think they're knocked out and it's over for them, but they come back and win the fight. I don't think they'll win the Super Bowl like I did in the preseason, but I'm glad they'll be the NFC Least representative instead of the Cowboys. I bet this will be another close game.

Colts @ Jaguars-I'll take the Colts in this meaningless game to finish 8-8. Jags are awful, but Minshew mania was fun a couple of weeks.

Steelers @ Ravens-Lamar Jackson should just stay at home and watch the game on TV. I wouldn't want him even sniffing the field if I was the Ravens. That's their ticket to the Super Bowl. This cannot be a blood bath like most AFC North contests are. The key for the Ravens is staying in tact and healthy for the playoffs. They should trot RGIII out there with a bunch of practice squad guys and take the "L." Steelers did a lot with little offensive talent this season, but they'll miss the playoffs for not taking care of the Jets last week.

Titans @ Texans-Remember the Titans go 9-7 every year. It's fortunate for them that 9-7 gets them into the playoffs this year. I predict they'll be a tough out for the Chiefs at Arrowhead in the first round. Texans host a home playoff game in the first round regardless. They're not resting their starters, but maybe they should.

49ers @ Seahawks-My Niners have far surpassed by expectations for this season. I never thought they'd be playing for a number 1 seed, but they can get that with a win here. A trip to the 12th man used to be a guaranteed loss, but Seattle has actually been worse at home this year. Obviously Seattle already beat my Niners, but Seahawks are banged up and I like my Niners chances to win big here. Seattle looked pretty bad last week against Arizona. I look forward to the return of Beast Mode, but can he come off the street and be as effective as Chris Carson? I doubt it. Of course you can never count out Russell Wilson, but Jimmy G. is pretty clutch too. I can't wait for this game and I hope the NFC road to the Super Bowl goes thru Santa Clara.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow pickers!

Last edited by maniac77; 12-24-2019 at 08:13 AM..

Old 12-24-2019, 07:42 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Browns @ Bengals
Dolphins @ Patriots
Bears @ Vikings
Chargers @ Chiefs
Jets @ Bills
Packers @ Lions
Saints @ Panthers
Falcons @ Buccaneers
Eagles @ Giants
Titans @ Texans
Washington @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Ravens
Colts @ Jaguars
Raiders @ Broncos
Cardinals @ Rams
49ers @ Seahawks

Old 12-24-2019, 10:45 AM

307 posts, read 118,805 times
Browns @ Bengals
Dolphins @ Patriots
Bears @ Vikings
Chargers @ Chiefs
Jets @ Bills
Packers @ Lions
Saints @ Panthers
Falcons @ Buccaneers
Eagles @ Giants
Titans @ Texans
Washington @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Ravens
Colts @ Jaguars
Raiders @ Broncos
Cardinals @ Rams
49ers @ Seahawks

Old 12-24-2019, 10:51 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times

Merry CHristmas to Everyone here on the Football Forum. You guys sure do keep this FUN!

Old 12-24-2019, 11:17 AM

Awesome, Cat, to you, too! It has been fun!

Old 12-24-2019, 01:57 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Week 17

Rams
Bills
Browns
Packers
Chiefs
Vikings
Patriots
Buccaneers
Saints
Cowboys (I'd delighted if Redskins pull an upset here)
Broncos
Eagles
Colts
Ravens
Texans
49ers
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:52 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Week: 8-8
Season: 136-99-1

Season's Greetings!

Picks in bold, as usual...

Browns @ Bengals
Dolphins @ Patriots
Bears @ Vikings
Chargers @ Chiefs
Jets @ Bills
Packers @ Lions
Saints @ Panthers
Falcons @ Buccaneers
Eagles @ Giants - Giants always find a way to snatch defeat from the Eagles these days...
Titans @ Texans
Washington @ Cowboys - Why trust the Cowboys now?
Steelers @ Ravens
Colts @ Jaguars
Raiders @ Broncos
Cardinals @ Rams
49ers @ Seahawks

Old 12-25-2019, 07:35 AM

IXCELL, Falcons or Bucs??? I know it is a tough choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football