Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 09:08 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,607,336 times

Advertisements

Week 17:

Bills
Browns
Packers
Cowboys
Chiefs
Vikings
Patriots
Eagles
Buccaneers
Colts
Saints
Ravens
Texans
Broncos
Rams
49ers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 10:09 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
Last week: 11-5
Overall: 161-78-1

Outside of week 1, week 17, imo is probably the hardest week to pick including week 1. For the teams who's playoff positioning can't change what starters play and for how long?? In the teams that are officially eliminated, who's actually motivated to play spoiler, and which teams have already checked out, focusing on the Monday morning vacation plans?? Like in week 1, my goal in week 16 is to just get out with a 8-8, .500 record, so let's see what happens:

Browns @ Bengals. Since the Bengals have officially locked up the #1 pick, then can actually win this game and not have it cost them Burrow.
Dolphins @ Patriots. Pats clinch the #2 seed and the bye
Bears @ Vikings. Even with the Vikes officially locked in as the #6 seed in the NFC, I'll still take them at home over da Bears.
Chargers @ Chiefs. It won't matter because the Pats will win, but the Chiefs put pressure on the Pats for the 2nd AFC bye.
Jets @ Bills. Jets have been playing well, and with Buffalo playing next weekend I doubt we'll see many of the Bills starters this game.
Packers @ Lions. I'll take the Pack in Detroit even with starters potentially sitting.
Saints @ Panthers. This was close earlier in New Orleans this season, but the Panthers threw in the towel once Rivera was fired.
Falcons @ Buccaneers. I don't know why they would keep Quinn around I would've sent him packing a long time ago, but they'll edge one out in Tampa.
Eagles @ Giants. The Meadowlands has been a playoff pitfall this year; Dallas would still control it's destiny for the NFC East if it could defeat the Jets, and the Steelers would still control their playoff destiny if they could beat the Jets. Luckily for the Eagles, they are playing the Giants and not the Jets, but stranger things have happened.
Titans @ Texans. With Watson likely (and should be) resting, Tannheill rebounds and leads the Titans to the playoffs.
Washington @ Cowboys. Eagles win will lock up the division early, but Dallas keeps pace.
Steelers @ Ravens. Lamar Jackson is already ruled out, and rightfully so, but I'm playing most of the other starters, at least for a half if I'm John Harbaugh. You already have the bye, so if you sit most of the regulars, that's going to be essential 3 weeks without them playing a competitive game. And this rivalry is one of, if not the best, in football. 2 of the last 3 years, the Steelers essentially knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs with comeback wins in Pittsburgh in week 16, now it's time for the Ravens to return the favor and deliver the dagger to the Steelers.
Colts @ Jaguars. Jags at home I guess??
Raiders @ Broncos. Broncos officially send the Raiders to Las Vegas.
Cardinals @ Rams. Rams end their disappointing season on a high note.
49ers @ Seahawks. Winner gets a bye and the #1 seed in the NFC; loser falls to the #5 seed so the stakes are very high. I know Seahawks have been very average at home this year, but I'll take Russell and Pete at home to end the 2019 regular season.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:45 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Bills
Browns
Packers
Chiefs
Vikings
Patriots
Falcons
Saints
Cowboys
Broncos
Rams
Eagles
Colts
Ravens
Titans
49ers

Old 12-29-2019, 12:37 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,607,336 times
Changing Texans pick to Titans(game not started).

Old 12-29-2019, 12:37 PM

1,149 posts, read 452,374 times
The Patriots offense. Again. They didn't even try to go in the 2 minute before halftime. The Packers look worse. Are they actually going to lose to Detroit with a bye and home field on the line? New Orleans at least showed up. Wasn't Carolina the surprise of the NFL back in October? Now a total train wreck.

Old 12-29-2019, 12:45 PM

1,149 posts, read 452,374 times
Brian Flores should be Coach of the Year. Not joking.

Old 12-29-2019, 01:02 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Packers are a mess with so much on the line, have no idea what is wrong with Rodgers today, so many over throws, still trying long balls, go for something short. Very strange.

Old 12-29-2019, 02:07 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
There is no way with this offense, the Pats are winning in BOTH Kansas City and Baltimore and more than likely won't win in either place. If they get back to the Super Bowl, we seriously need to check out colluding between the league and the Patriots to get them into the Super Bowl every year. This team is worse than then the 07 one with Matt Cassell at QB.

Old 12-29-2019, 02:11 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Chiefs win Pats lose.

Old 12-29-2019, 02:11 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times
MY FINZ WIN !!! loved watching that game. Right down to the wire. Great job Finz. Showing improvement over the season, playing like a team and 5 draft picks in the first two rounds waiting. Happy here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football