Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 12:38 PM

403 posts, read 868,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Where do I start. Did you not read my earlier post? To that you can add: failing to hire representative numbers of Northwest Americans, or even plain old Americans to work for them. Microsoft does nothing for the northwest. The northwest pays Microsoft to exist and all the money they make goes to Bill Gates and/or Microsoft shareholders. Once upon a time with an entity like Microsoft on its books a state would be golden. Instead, Washington struggles like any other state. Nike does even more labor outsourcing than Microsoft. Microsoft spends more money every day than Portland makes in a month lobbying the U.S. government for a lifting of the H1B Visa caps that are in place. Were they to be lifted Microsoft would employ no Americans whatsoever. That Hynix plant that closed in Eugene dumped about a 1,000 Korean nationals onto the public welfare system of Oregon. They were brought over just to work at Hynix but along the way became wards of Oregon when their company abandoned them. That's the 1% for you. Always using the 99% to clean up after their messes.

H
I have four friends that made millions at Microsoft thanks to hard work, dedication, continued education & wise investing while working for MS. What is bad about a self made businessman doing well, employing thousands. Get off you butt, run your own big business successfully, nothing stopping you. Facebook, MS, Apple, MySpace, Napster...all started w smarts, enginuity, dedication, drive & being wise enough to find good investors while making good deals. If they can do it you can to, otherwise stop fussing.

If you don't like their business practices then don't patronize them! Chances are you are typing on an apple device or a pc w windows, nice you give your support to them why you talk crap & act hypocritical.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
A park in ruins until the city fixes it with money that it doesn't really have to spare. Almost half a million dollars in labor costs that, again, the city really doesn't have to spare.

The problem with Portland's movement are the anarchists. Portland loves anarchy. Portland loves anarchy for the sake of anarchy. They didn't help matters. But also throw in the homeless and the drug-addicts to this "cause", who are there merely to belong to a mass of people, and it didn't do a damn thing to help the "cause". Don't know what people expected. I tried to be cool about it, but as soon as I heard about that one idiot that tried to push a cop into a moving Max train, I WAS DONE! Over 'n' out.
And when this selfish dig into city budget affects schools OP will say "wasn't us". Sad when they want education handed to them bt prevent it from happening for the kids.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
When your city goes without water filtration because "they can't afford it". When your roads can't get paved because "they can't afford it". When your city lays off all their law enforcement officers because "they can't afford them". You are affected. People who have more money than you do make deals to pollute your water and air. Legally. They make deals to not pay taxes that pay for things like law enforcement and infrastructure. There are only a half dozen cancers or so that are caused naturally. The rest and in fact most of the well known big killers are caused by rich people that have poisoned the water, air and soil to such a degree that simply being alive in certain places in this country is guaranteed to cause cancer. Rich people (people with more money than you) lobby daily to keep this quiet and to hamper legislation to limit their destruction of the environment. If I added up the names I know of all the cancer survivors and those currently fighting it it would be a longer list than the names of healthy people that I know. That worries and scares me. It should make you see all kinds of colors of the rainbow to reflect on what a billionaire represents in wealth and earnings relative to the rest of us.

H
And when this happens I will find the OP'rs to say thank you for wasting an entires city budget in five weeks.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:01 PM

2,666 posts, read 3,865,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2byte View Post
I have four friends that made millions at Microsoft thanks to hard work, dedication, continued education & wise investing while working for MS. What is bad about a self made businessman doing well, employing thousands. Get off you butt, run your own big business successfully, nothing stopping you. Facebook, MS, Apple, MySpace, Napster...all started w smarts, enginuity, dedication, drive & being wise enough to find good investors while making good deals. If they can do it you can to, otherwise stop fussing.

If you don't like their business practices then don't patronize them! Chances are you are typing on an apple device or a pc w windows, nice you give your support to them why you talk crap & act hypocritical.

Excellent, excellent post - I give you 10 thumbs up. The losers and slackers whining about the success of others is getting tiresome. Unfortunately expect to hear much more of this drivel over the next year. It is all the left has to argue as they must divert attention away from their boy Obama's failures.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:05 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,361,529 times
Quote:
You're proud of a wimpy mayor, destruction of our beautiful parks, rampant drug use & sales, lice, rats & scabies infestation? These 99% are keeping other 99% from getting to work, longer commutes (means the other 99% who are working now must spend more for gas), prevents the small shop owners from a successful business, terrorizes bank employees who are also in 99%, blocks bridges for other 99% ability to get to work.

If they were in the 99% then what the $500k, & growing, bank accounts they have, must not be too poor, not to mention that bank account is also feeding everyone daily & still growing in vslue.

Then there is the poor rape victim that had to wait THREE HOURS for help because these selfish 99%'rs were blocking bridges & storming banks! Feel good about that! If so then go find that rape victim, give her the chance to tell you "thank you for causing me prolonged fear & suffering". I hope she sues forthat $500k bank acct balance, she deserves it.
Oh good grief. Read my original post about what I was proud of and THEN read this about the poor rape victim. Portland Police Chief Mike Reese misled with claim that Occupy kept officers too busy to answer a call | OregonLive.com
It's hyperbole and fact twisting like this that makes me despair for any possibility of civil discourse.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Oh good grief. Read my original post about what I was proud of and THEN read this about the poor rape victim. Portland Police Chief Mike Reese misled with claim that Occupy kept officers too busy to answer a call | OregonLive.com
It's hyperbole and fact twisting like this that makes me despair for any possibility of civil discourse.
"We didn't have enough officers to go," Reese said today, after he had a meeting with the mayor around noon. "We're a lean force

Simple fact. If OP hadn't been stealing police for their "purpose" that girl wouldn't have had to wait three hours when she was finally strong enough to report it, instead she sat in fear waiting. Good job OP.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:33 PM

I'm in the 99% but I'm not sure when I asked this group of out of control "gimme gimme" freaks to speak for me. I think their chant of "we are the 99%" needs to be changed to "we are the 1% of the 99%".

Old 11-19-2011, 01:53 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,361,529 times
Quote:
"We didn't have enough officers to go," Reese said today, after he had a meeting with the mayor around noon. "We're a lean force

Simple fact. If OP hadn't been stealing police for their "purpose" that girl wouldn't have had to wait three hours when she was finally strong enough to report it, instead she sat in fear waiting. Good job OP.
So that's your take away from the article? Interesting. Now I know not to waste any more time on you. Bye!

Old 11-19-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
So that's your take away from the article? Interesting. Now I know not to waste any more time on you. Bye!
I gave you a positive rating since I feel the same way about the OP who have 500k in a bank account, whine that they want hand outs but not earn them, destroy our parks, spread disease, act as if they are speaking for all of America & feel they have a right to impact other people lives while wasting obscene amounts of tax dollars.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:00 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,564,948 times
Quote:
I gave you a positive rating since I feel the same way about the OP who have 500k in a bank account, whine that they want hand outs but not earn them, destroy our parks, spread disease, act as if they are speaking for all of America & feel they have a right to impact other people lives while wasting obscene amounts of tax dollars.
Can source where you are saying that the OP movement is asking for handouts?
As far as I can tell they are basically seeking, a restructuring of the banking system, an end to corporate greed that sees CEO's making tens of millions of dollars bonuses for making risky (perhaps illegal) trades and then requiring the government for a bailout, a better system than the current money/lobbying system?

As far as I can tell they haven't demanded free anything? Other than camping in a city park (which I'm not a big fan of and I think is taking the movement way too far off message).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland