Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,893,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
Ok, 40 million people increase their skill level..now where are the new 40 million highly paid jobs for them going to come from? Thin air?
We are going to have to bring business back to this country instead of them leaving.

Look not everyone is going to have a high paying job those that doesnt, that makes the choice not to is going to have to live within their means. So that way we can help those that really need some help. Just increasing someones pay , then the business increases the price of their products as a reaction to higher payroll to produce the product or sell it. Is not going to help someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 06:31 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,044,585 times
Oh the entitlement society! My business does a lot of work for them. These people have no interest in getting jobs. Some will attempt to work for an hour or two to get more money for booze and cigarettes but a full time job, no way!

With the stimulus bill we received last year, if you own your home with no liens and are poor you are eligible to receive up to $69,000 to rebuild your home. You must remain in the home for 10 to 15 years, cannot sell or rent it out. If you do that successfully you do not have to repay the loan.

I talk to the home owners and become there friends while we are working on there homes and pick there brains for info. Most of them have lived in these homes all there life and will never go anywhere. There education level is very low. I enjoy talking to them because they live such a simple life.

To make a long story short I believe the party who gave out this stimulus bill have just guaranteed themselves 10 to 15 years of a sure vote. Now make sure you pay your taxes, these people are relying on you.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:16 AM

17,522 posts, read 24,835,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What part don't you understand? You're defending employers who illegally hire the illegal immigrants.... why?
Then others will show up to fill the jobs. It has to be stopped at the source, the employer. Mandatory Jail time

Old 05-13-2010, 08:21 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,279,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Nearly 40 million Americans received food stamps — the latest in an ever-higher string of record enrollment that dates from December 2008 and the U.S. recession, according to a government update.

Food-stamp tally nears 40 million, sets record
And yet tthe Orwellian dems claim things are getting better

Old 05-13-2010, 01:04 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,617,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquills View Post
I am not a big Obama fan. I think all presidents are puppets of corporate America. But dude, The recession was here before Obama even took office. How hard is this stuff to understand. So many people argue simplist talking points that their cable news programs give them on this forum.

Umm "dude".........What cant YOU understand.....Obama's spending is completely out of control! THATS OUR PROBLEM!

If Obamanomics is so good..........why the hell are we still losing jobs...400k plus.

Obamanomics is like european economics=fails everytime!

Funny thing is...Europe is figuring out that there way is not working...........yet Obama is push us down that path!

Makes no sense what so ever.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:30 AM

9,855 posts, read 12,016,704 times
What cant YOU understand.....Obama's spending is completely out of control! THATS OUR PROBLEM!

Really? What has changed in your life since Obama took office?

If Obamanomics is so good..........why the hell are we still losing jobs...400k plus.

We were losing them at 600K plus just before Obama took office.

Obamanomics is like european economics=fails everytime!

Except for Iceland, which did not bail out their banks, (banks which were left holding U.S. toxic assets) tell me a European country that is failing.

Makes no sense what so ever

Nothing about global economics makes sense. I mean, a billionaire? What the @#%! is that? YOu should be far more afraid of billionaires than you are of Obama. When the end comes, it will be the billionaires that caused it, not Obama.

H

Old 05-16-2010, 05:10 PM

31,312 posts, read 20,901,387 times
Obama will call this a sign of his successful programs. More Americans becoming dependent on his big government.

Some day we will certainly say "Atlas shrugged", and the parasites will be toast.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
They are ALL illegal for being so irresponsible as to wind up on Food Stamps. Mandatory deportation for anyone that winds up leeching off the Federal Government. Send them to... .. I don't care where, just get them off my dime!

You need to go and look at the people in your town that are applying for food stamps, remember Hillsboro is 75+% white.
These are people with children that need food, they are not milking the system they are a result of the system. the hard working people at Circuit City were not irresponsible but a result of a corporate decision to maintain profitability. Do you not have any compassion for your neighbor's!

What a bunch of prejudice crap you spew!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:57 AM

17,522 posts, read 24,835,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
How about they just leave........I mean they are "illegal"

What part of "illegal" dont you understand?
What part of illegal don't the employers understand?
if you arrest 100 today 100 will show up tomorrow for their jobs. As long as the employers can get away with employing them it is a revolving door

Old 06-12-2011, 07:13 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,877,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
How many are employed at slave wages?
Raise the minimum wage...
Bogus argument.

Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies