Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 PM

419 posts, read 451,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Obamanomics........."Going as planed"!

More your on the Govt. dole,the more you'll vote Dem.
I am not a big Obama fan. I think all presidents are puppets of corporate America. But dude, The recession was here before Obama even took office. How hard is this stuff to understand. So many people argue simplist talking points that their cable news programs give them on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 PM

9,855 posts, read 12,018,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I am pretty sure the post below is the one you were referring to. And I'm pretty sure that was said sarcastically...right, Leisesturm? I can't imagine that you were really advocating deportation of folks who rely on government assistance. Right?
Not just this post but all the posts I made in this thread were under the influence of heavy sarcasm. Quite possibly the heaviest I've every used.

H

Old 05-12-2010, 10:56 PM

51 posts, read 78,843 times
I've payed enough income taxes in the last 20 yrs, I want some food stamps too. hell they arent even stamps now, you get a debit card so you can blend right in. Even better is that recipients dont even have to have a drug screen, only us shleps paying for the food stamps do.

I once dated a chick who got food stamps, that was the best i ever ate. We had NY Strip steak, King Crab, all the good stuff that I cant afford because I have a job and have to by groceries. I have no problem with people getting assistance if they were working and they lost their jobs through no fault of thier own.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:04 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,404,226 times
I have known (and know) plenty of white people on food stamps.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:02 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,866,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Not just this post but all the posts I made in this thread were under the influence of heavy sarcasm. Quite possibly the heaviest I've every used.

H
I should have read this first before I gave you rep. I loved what you were saying.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:14 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,866,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have known (and know) plenty of white people on food stamps.
Of course, that's because whites are (for now) the largest in population. As someone else said, look at the percentages of each race on food stamps, not the raw numbers.

The whites I happen to know that have been on food stamps are women who had out of wedlock children. One barely even knew the father of her child, it was some random "hot" guy she met at a club. The other woman had 3 different kids from 3 different fathers. They both got rewarded for their immoral behavior with tons of free food at taxpayer expense. Meanwhile the honest people who play by the rules have to pay more for their food because food stamps inflate the price of food by causing artificial demand.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:18 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,911,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The ones today with the increased skill levels can't even find jobs.

It's not a matter of "increasing your skills" anymore folks. The middle class jobs have been offshored and turned into slave wage jobs in countries like China, India, Malaysia. Those WERE middle class jobs with middle class salaries..but no more.

This has been going on for decades , it just gets worse with every new traitor elected . Passing the torch is all they all do .

Soon everyone will see just how much we have all lost .

Old 05-13-2010, 12:24 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,328,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Obamanomics........."Going as planed"!

More your on the Govt. dole,the more you'll vote Dem.
Your status is ironic. You are talking about stupidity yet you used the wrong word. It should be "you're", not "your" as well as a few other errors.

And it's "planned", not "planed."

But, I believe you were saying something where you expected us to take seriously even with a status like that, so continue...

Old 05-13-2010, 02:28 AM

19,153 posts, read 14,448,080 times
If you really want reform, you have to support equitable trade. In other words, your labor should trade for roughly the same amount of another laborer. However, due to government imposed overhead, and the burden to "Share the wealth", the average worker only gets 15 to 20% value. In other words, he must trade 5 hours of labor to buy one hour of another's labor.

Or from the employer's perspective, for every $1 paid, he has to sell that labor for $4 to $6 to cover costs, taxes, insurance, fees, administrative personnel, etc, etc.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:49 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,677,098 times
What makes the whole thing sad is the people who abuse the food stamp system are cutting into the amount of money that could be passed on to those who truly need the food stamps. There are people out there who really need this and try to stretch their food supplies. For some, this is the only food they can afford. I've no problem with my tax money going to help those who truly are in need. I've seen some of these cases first hand. One summer in high school I worked with a friend driving an ice cream truck. In one neighborhood the kids came running with food stamps. After being told that we don't take food stamps, they went into the house and came back out with $50s and $100 bills to buy ice cream. Drug dealers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies