Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 10:16 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
more demonization. and its utterly false.

Bill Clinton tried to blame Rush Limbaugh. Was that "rationalizing" or was it assessing blame?

If (and it is a big "if") The whole entire Tea Party and not just a few posters on C-D are assessing blame to the government because of Ruby Ridge and Waco, why is that different than what Bill Clinton did?
When did Bill Clinton rationalize McVeigh's actions? When did he blame Limbaugh for OKC. I'd like to see the quotes? Limbaugh has actually blamed Clinton, I've given you the links to his own page, nothing out of context there. Limbaugh isn't just "some poster on C-D" he is probably the most influential pundit on the tea party circuit. If not, he is in the top 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 10:17 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
more demonization. and its utterly false.

Bill Clinton tried to blame Rush Limbaugh. Was that "rationalizing" or was it assessing blame?

If (and it is a big "if") The whole entire Tea Party and not just a few posters on C-D are assessing blame to the government because of Ruby Ridge and Waco, why is that different than what Bill Clinton did?

There is no rationalizing the OKC bombing.

There is however a very real debate on what led to such an action.

Quit demonizing people and have a substantive debate.
THEY can't stop the demonizing. It is what the government is trying so hard to do to all that don't agree with them and is also one of the more important rules of Alinsky.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
BTW I'm amazed there are still people ignorant or just silly enough to believe the government killed the wackos at wacko. The truth is the cult leaders had virtually all their own people poisoned and then set the whole compound on fire. I realize why dirt bags like Limbaugh are spreading these lies but I'm utterly amazed anyone is actually stupid enough to believe them. Were you people even alive and paying attention when the Wako wackos offed themselves? Seriously, this new conspiracy theory is about as dumb as the 9/11 truthers conspiracy theory.
The Davidians were religious nuts, and I would not put it past them to have set those fires to be martyrs, but the actions by our government were reckless and way over the top, so Reno and Pres. Clinton, should be held up for some of the blame for the outcome, if not all.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,626,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
His actions need no justification. Its called war pal its still going on today just because the correct side hasn't hit back in a while don't mean its over. The government still tramples on people's rights and locks them away in some prison without trial or a lawyer etc etc How about trying to see BOTH sides of this not just the side you were brainwashed into believing that your government OUR government can do no wrong.

Wow.... so you are justifying what McVeigh did, and those people he murdered- the mothers going in to get social security cards for their babies, etc. are just collateral damage? Nothing more?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:21 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,788,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
rants. I was kind of shocked of the same usuage of words and phrases. It's like they both worshipped in the same place....

15 years later, hearing McVeigh's confession - Documentaries- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36633900 - broken link)

Hey the media always has an agenda. Look at the stupid shows like The Marriage Ref, and Minute to Win It that are on. Some people actually believe that those shows are just there for entertainment purposes. Well they are also there to gauge how stupid the people are by looking at the ratings. This confirms that the fluoride in our water is working on our brains over the years.

The news was all over global warming pushing it like it was a new Pizza Hut pizza, but now the global warming scam is being debunked. I can go on and on with the influences media has on the people, and if you don't want to believe it then that's up to you. Now McVeigh was the person they caught for blowing up the Federal Building, but there are some pieces to that puzzle that don't add up to 100 percent convince me that he actually did it out of his own will or did it at all.

Now we have the Tea Party which are people who are against the way our government is taxing us, but who gains when violence is committed? Tea Par-tiers already know the media is bashing them and getting people to believe the propaganda, so my question is why would the Tea Party want to feed the fire of the media? It's already come out that there are people who have infiltrated the Tea Party and thrown bricks into government offices.

This is all a set up to blame a false flag attack on Americans. This way they can implement some new form of control over the people. They were doing training drills the day of 9/11 and the day of Oklahoma City, and now there is talk of training drills for a Nuclear attack in Nevada. I'm not always 100 percent right, but I do not trust the media because they tell the story the way they are told to tell it by the people behind the curtain.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:22 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Funny.

Hey, how many people has the ELF killed?
Wow, I think that maybe you really DO approve of them!

I guess I'm not all that surprised, though. Hypocrisy runs rampant among political extremists - and you certainly qualify as a political extremist...

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
I'm sure you have a link to back that foolish statement up..right?
You first.

You have nothing to back up your belief, other than the regurgitated narrative from the rabid Left, that the Tea Party is anything other than a peaceful movement.

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
When did Bill Clinton rationalize McVeigh's actions? When did he blame Limbaugh for OKC. I'd like to see the quotes? Limbaugh has actually blamed Clinton, I've given you the links to his own page, nothing out of context there. Limbaugh isn't just "some poster on C-D" he is probably the most influential pundit on the tea party circuit. If not, he is in the top 3.
I didn't know that Rush Limbaugh ws taking part in any Tea Parties. Thanks for the White House provided Pelosi that surely will be accepted by many who don't know any better, like you.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:26 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
His actions need no justification. Its called war pal its still going on today just because the correct side hasn't hit back in a while don't mean its over. The government still tramples on people's rights and locks them away in some prison without trial or a lawyer etc etc How about trying to see BOTH sides of this not just the side you were brainwashed into believing that your government OUR government can do no wrong.
But murdering innocent people is not that answer. Stalin, Che and Castro might agree with you, but not me.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:26 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Funny.

Hey, how many people has the ELF killed?
Quote:
Earth Liberation Front.

McVeigh-168

ELF-0

See, the comparison to McVeigh is ridiculous.
Quote:
LOL...sure you're right:

McVeigh-168

ELF-0
Let's get it on the record, upton.

Do you, or do you not, support left-wing terrorist organizations such as ELF?

"Yes" or "No".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies