Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:45 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,788,601 times

Advertisements

Just an obervation- when I walk into any business and they have FOX News on the TV in the business, it really makes me question whether or not I want to do business with them. That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe. I usually go ahead, buy what I want, and leave. But I do think about it but until this week never said anything.
I took my nephew to the dentist and the dentist had FOX News playing on the TV in the waiting room. A waiting room is not like a store where I can be and out quickly. It is a place where I am forced to wait for long periods of time to see the dentist (or doctor). I was a bit offended and I told the receptionist after 10 minutes "I don't mind waiting but I would rather not be subjected to right wing racism and ranting while I am waiting". I asked if the channel could be changed and, to my surprise, she handed me the DirecTV remote and told me to put it on what I wanted!
Well beings there were 2 other people in the waiting room, I did not choose the Speed Channel but I did change it to CNN Headline News. I think everybody appreciated that! BTW I know I mistyped dentist but I cannot edit the headline.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:50 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
It probably roots out the non-payers, truth be told. lol

Manuel Noriega came out of his hole after being subjected to days and days of AC/DC and Guns N' Roses. Funny how offensive noise can root out the non-desirables lol.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,058,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Just an obervation- when I walk into any business and they have FOX News on the TV in the business, it really makes me question whether or not I want to do business with them. That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe. I usually go ahead, buy what I want, and leave. But I do think about it but until this week never said anything.
I took my nephew to the dentist and the dentist had FOX News playing on the TV in the waiting room. A waiting room is not like a store where I can be and out quickly. It is a place where I am forced to wait for long periods of time to see the dentist (or doctor). I was a bit offended and I told the receptionist after 10 minutes "I don't mind waiting but I would rather not be subjected to right wing racism and ranting while I am waiting". I asked if the channel could be changed and, to my surprise, she handed me the DirecTV remote and told me to put it on what I wanted!
Well beings there were 2 other people in the waiting room, I did not choose the Speed Channel but I did change it to CNN Headline News. I think everybody appreciated that! BTW I know I mistyped dentist but I cannot edit the headline.
You are overthinking the situation Kev. #1) You cant let that bother you to the point you would change dentists. #2) you do not know if the dentist is a wingnut Obama hater. How can you jump to that conclusion over the station the waiting room TV is on?

Maybe another patient put it on?

Anyway,Here is a story about a Doctor who openly is against Obamacare:

Doctor advises Obama voters to 'seek care elsewhere' - Los Angeles Times

Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,701 times
Quote:

That's doin' it. I've changed the channel off Faux News myself at the local hospital. Nobody appeared to be watching it, and there were no complaints when I changed it..

I'm with you, I don't want to be subjected to a bunch of RW hate mongering when I'm trying to take care of business.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:55 AM

470 posts, read 462,528 times
and nobody else should be subjected to leftwing propaganda and hate while they are waiting either. The world doesn't revolve around you left wing nuts.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:59 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,965,265 times
Quote:
Sounds like your unhealthy political opinions have influenced you to the point of being socially dysfunctional. Might want to have a long hard think about your attachment emotionally to political issues.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:59 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,788,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
You are overthinking the situation Kev. #1) You cant let that bother you to the point you would change dentists. #2) you do not know if the dentist is a wingnut Obama hater. How can you jump to that conclusion over the station the waiting room TV is on?

Maybe another patient put it on?

Anyway,Here is a story about a Doctor who openly is against Obamacare:

Doctor advises Obama voters to 'seek care elsewhere' - Los Angeles Times
It is possible another patient changed it but it is DirecTV and you have to use the remote to change the channel so the receptionsit would have had to give the remote to somebody as she did me. Maybe she did, I don't know but that could be dangerous in a waiting room with kids! If it were mine, it would locked on Headline News all the time.
As for the Dentist both of them (he and she) are great dentist and work well with kids. After our old dentist (RIP Dr Bell) died, it took us forever to find another that the kids were comfy with.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,356,466 times
Oh - get over it. Would you object if MSNBC were on the TV?

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-13-2010 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: language

Old 04-13-2010, 11:01 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,326,853 times
We had a dentist who would play Rush while drilling your teeth. After sitting through a couple of sessions like that we informed him we wouldn't be back and why. He blamed it on the office help and had the channel changed on the stop. We've been back many times since and the radio channel remains bipartisan.

It's not unusual where I live for employers to force their employees and/or customers to listen to Fox all day long. When we go in the same business twice and hear a Fox talk show, we don't go back a third time. Places that depend on the public for their incomes shouldn't offend half their customers---whether right wing or left.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:04 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,038,966 times
Quote:
It is possible another patient changed it but it is DirecTV and you have to use the remote to change the channel so the receptionsit would have had to give the remote to somebody as she did me. Maybe she did, I don't know but that could be dangerous in a waiting room with kids! If it were mine, it would locked on Headline News all the time.
As for the Dentist both of them (he and she) are great dentist and work well with kids. After our old dentist (RIP Dr Bell) died, it took us forever to find another that the kids were comfy with.
And this is all that matters when it comes to which dentist to use ... not his/her political persuasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.